Eight

Jaxon was sitting on the bed while Shawn hooked up his ps4 to their TV. "So where is he?"

"Tattoo shop. He likes to release his anger like that. I stayed with him for like an hour but the piece he's getting is gonna take long."

Jaxon nods and looks down at their comforter. "Hey, babe?"

Shawn looks over for a split second before looking back to the TV. "Hm?"

"Do you think Mia is acting weird? Or am I just jealous that...They're hanging out without me?"

Shawn turns the ps4 on, walking over to Jaxon. "I don't know, babe. She seems...Kind of different around this Aaliyah chick but...You did say they were really close."

Jaxon shrugs and nods. "Yeah. I guess that could be it."

Shawn hums and grabs Jaxon's chin. "Want me to cheer you up?"

Jaxon pushes Shawn's hand away. "N-no...Sorry, I'm not in the mood right now."

Shawn nods his head. "Okay. Well, we could go get some ice cream? Take you shopping? Get some food?"

Jaxon shakes his head. "I just...Why did she let Aaliyah kick me out of the room? As if she knows her better. Those two haven't even spoken in almost a full year and now-."

Jaxon and Shawn both hear a knock at their door and Jaxon lets out a sigh, propping his elbow against the leg to holding his head in his hand.

Shawn walks over to the door, opening it to see Mia. "Hey, Mia. What's up?"

**
Mia wipes her eyes. "I-I feel terrible for him. I...I just...I don't know blanked yesterday. I never meant to hurt Gavin."

Jaxon doesn't say anything, just staring down at the carpet. Shawn clears his throat, "Well...You should be telling this to Gavin. Make it up to him. He was really excited about this date."

Jaxon nods. "Yeah. You really hurt him, Mia".

Mia shakes her head. "Fuck. I was just excited to see her. And, when I say I genuinely forgot to check my phone I'm being serious."

Shawn looks over at Jaxon. "Uhm, well...Tell him that. It'll make him feel better. That's all that matters right now."

Mia nods and stands up from the bed. She walks out to grab her phone and call Gavin. Kai walks into the couple's bedroom. "Awkward, huh? Who knew this was adulthood?"

Shawn laughs at her and shakes his head. "Yeah. Who knew?"

Kai frowns and sits next to Jaxon. "Hey, what's wrong?"

Jaxon looks over. "Hm? Oh, nothing. Just...Not feeling it today, you know?"

"I get it. But, hey. AJ got the grill working. Said he's making his dad's famous ribs for dinner. To make up for missing what you cooked."

Jaxon smiles and nods. "He's sweet. All that for one dinner?"

"Yeah. He's super excited so...Make sure to save room. Oh! Tomorrow, do you wanna go out with me? Just to hang out. I don't know...Kinda felt like a third wheel with Aaliyah and Mia."

Jaxon looks up at Kai and smiles. "Sure. What time?"

"Like around twelve-ish. If that's good?"

"Of course."

Kai smiles and gets off the bed, glancing at Shawn and then back to Jaxon. "Okay. See you two at dinner. Kind of scared for Gavin and Mia to see each other again after this argument."

Shawn chuckles and nods. "Don't we know it." Kai smiles again and leaves the room, shutting the door. Shawn walks back over to Jaxon, "You sure you don't wanna go get some ice cream? Or something, I don't know, babe."

Jaxon shrugs. "I'm fine."

Shawn frowns and sits down next to Jaxon. "We could drive around? Find a spot for just us like back at home."

Jaxon shakes his head. "I'm kind of tired, actually. Wanna take a nap?"

Shawn nods, setting his controller down. "Of course." Shawn gets under a blanket, holding it up so Jaxon can get under. Jaxon lays his head on Shawn's chest, letting out a content sigh.

Shawn smiles, kissing him atop of his head. He pulls away and places his hand on the back of Jaxon's head, rubbing his thumb in circles, knowing that's something Jaxon liked.

Within a few minutes of cuddling, Jaxon had fallen asleep. Though Shawn wasn't very tired so he held Jaxon for a few extra minutes before getting up.

He quietly opens the door to their bedroom to grab a snack from the kitchen. He sees Gavin sitting at their kitchen table with a beer in front of him.

"Oh, hey. Tattoo session done already?"

"First, session," Gavin lifts his beer up, taking a swig, "Where's lover boy?"

Shawn opens the cabinet, grabbing a bag of chips. "Asleep. He's...Upset. The whole Aaliyah thing."

Gavin chuckles, "Yeah, he's not the only fuckin' one."

Shawn sits down next to Gavin and shrugs. "Can I ask why yesterday was so important? Just wondering."

"It's fuckin' stupid, man. Not even worth the conversation."

"It is if it's got, you this upset, Gav. Just tell me. Come on, we're brothers, we tell each other everything."

"It's the day...I asked her if she wanted to talk. You know, like, fresh off the bag. This is where it all started. It's like a...A mini anniversary, but it's dumb."

"I think it sweet. Talk to her, Gav. She's been trying to talk to you all day."

"I've been avoiding her."

"I know but...Just try even if you guys don't makeup. Just try at least."

Gavin shakes his head and gets up. "I gotta take a piss."

Shawn watches him as he gets up and walks away. He sighs and shakes his head, knowing there's nothing he can do about it.

He gets up from the kitchen and goes back into his room, seeing Jaxon still sleeping. He smiles and sits down next to him, kissing his forehead.

**