Ninety

a/n: cute chapter as a distraction for what's going on right now

**

Jaxon walks through the apartment, holding some packing tape. He's stopped by AJ. "So. How are we gonna split up the dishes?"

Jaxon shrugs. "Hm. I didn't think about that. I guess...Whoever wants them?"

The apartment was hectic as everyone was packing up. Jaxon and Shawn's move-out date was first. Then Gavin would move out a day later, following Kai and AJ.

Jaxon walks into his and Shawn's bedroom and sees Shawn laying on their bed. Jaxon smiles at him. "You're supposed to be packing. We move out in the morning."

Shawn groans and opens his eyes. "It's so much work. I just finished my shift."

"I know but...I need help, baby." Jaxon sets the box down and climbs on his lap. "Please...We can take the best nap right after."

Shawn grabs Jaxon by his waist and throws him down on the bed. "Always tryna win me over with sex."

Jaxon smiles. "Sex sells, now get up and help me."

Shawn stands up and grabs the box off the ground. "Okay...Okay. I can't believe we all got apartments within like five minutes of each other."

"Yeah, not to mention Gav got an apartment in the same complex." Jaxon sits up on the bed. "But I'm happy. I wouldn't want us too separated."

"Me too. Oh, and there are some adoption centers open tomorrow if you really wanna get a cat soon."

"Really?" Jaxon's face lights up. "Can we go, please?"

"Depends on how much unpacking we get done tomorrow."

"Please!" Jaxon whines. "All those poor kitties all alone in a shelter somewhere makes me depressed."

"Princess, I'm sure they'll still be there two days from now." Shawn shakes his head and grabs a box.

"Well, why bring it up!" Jaxon groans. "We need one in the next week."

"Yes ma'am." Shawn leans down and kisses him once. "Now packing. We gotta be out here by ten tomorrow."

**
Gavin took time off work to help Shawn and Jaxon move into their new place. Shawn unlocks the front door, allowing him to walk in first.

"Oh wow." Gavin sets one box down and looks around. "Kinda look like mine."

Shawn closes the door and sets the keys down. "It hella nice, right?"

"Super nice. Damn," He turns to Shawn. "First apartment as an engaged man. Bet you feel like hot shit."

Shawn chuckles at him. "Mhm. Next step is marriage...Big house...Probably like...Four hundred cats according to Jaxon."

Gavin smiles. "I'm proud of you, man."

Shawn furrows his brows. "What?"

"Nah, like deadass. Proud of you, dude. You've grown so much. If you could've seen yourself from an outside perspective when I first met you...You've come a long way."

"Oh, shit. You're getting sentimental on me."

"Fuck off. I'm trying to be serious. Those days when you'd come to my house in tears over some fucked shit your dad did or said. Or how you were worried that you weren't enough for Jaxon,"

"Now you're engaged to him. Moving into your first official apartment together. Months away from being a certified tattoo artist, like I'm deadass proud of you."

Shawn smiles at him, nodding his head. "Thank you," He grabs Gavin into a hug. "I'm proud of you too."

"What the fuck...Is in...This box!?" Jaxon says, struggling to walk into the apartment.

Shawn pulls away from the hug to turn around and watch Jaxon as he struggled to carry the box. He rushes over to grab it from him, laughing.

Jaxon takes a deep breath, standing up straight. "That," Jaxon points to the box. "Was the most homophobic thing I've ever experienced."

Gavin chuckles. "Sorry, Mister weakling. We'll be down to help."

Shawn grabs his keys off the counter. "Gotta get you in the gym, princess. Work up that arm strength."

Jaxon shakes his head. "I'd rather die."

**
Jaxon sits on the kitchen counter as he watches Gavin and Shawn carry to bed frame into the apartment. He already knew he'd be little to know help and decided against helping them.

Shawn walks out of the bedroom, looking up at Jaxon. "We got bad news."

Jaxon hops down from the bed, nodding. "Which is?"

"We might've broken the bed frame."

Gavin walks out of the room as well, holding a piece of wood. "No...No, we definitely broke the bed frame."

Jaxon groans. "How?"

"I have no idea." Gavin shrugs.

"Look, babe. Don't even worry about it...Look, we can go to the store tomorrow and look at them together."

"And tonight?"

"We have the mattress, we'll just sleep on it without the bed frame. Easy peasy." Shawn smiles.

"Yeah, and you're not allowed to be upset pipsqueak. You didn't even help us." Gavin says.

Jaxon scoffs. "That's rude. You're being rude."

Shawn glances at Gavin. "Don't be rude."

"Oh, I see. Taking the wife's side already." Gavin crosses his arms. "I had him first, Jaxon."

Jaxon sticks his tongue out. "Yeah, well I'm marrying him so I win."

*
Once they had officially moved all the boxes in, they bought dinner for them and Gavin, who also invited Chantel over.

"So, what's the design idea? Do you know yet?"

Jaxon nods. "We really want all white furniture. But I don't know! Maybe some brown pieces as well."

"Oh! That's super cute."

"And I want to buy a bunch of plants. I feel like it would make it feel so nice in here."

"Oh, yeah. My nana had her entire kitchen filled with plants and shit and it was so nice to go to her house. What about the kitty? You guys getting one yet?"

"No. Shawn wants to wait until we're completely settled so the cat will have time to adjust to everything, which makes sense."

"Gav wants a dog so bad."

"Really? He looks like a dog person to be honest. I bet he wants like a great dane or something."

Chantel laughs. "He does! Or a pit bull."

Shawn and Gavin walk into the apartment, holding the bag of food. "We come bearing gifts."

Shawn sets the bag on the counter. "We have...No furniture. So...We can either stand and eat or sit on the floor. You're choice.

"I'm okay with standing," Chantel says.

"Mhm, me too. We haven't mopped yet."

"Cool. Standing party. Almost like we're at the club." Gavin passes everyone their drinks. "Cheers everyone to...I dunno...Just cheers."

***