Fifty Eight

"Well...I'm not even in school. What if I just so happen to run into her at like...The grocery store."

Jaxon rolls his eyes and looks over at Shawn. "And what? You have a muscle spasm that causes you to punch her?"

Shawn watches as Jaxon turns and picks up a pack of strawberries, inspecting them before placing them into the cart.

"I don't know. I just don't understand why she can't get a clue that...No one really likes her other than 'Ms. Rockabilly Barbie'."

Jaxon laughs at him and starts pushing the cart. "Hopefully she'll take a hint."

Shawn shoves his hands into the pockets of his basketball shorts, shrugging. "Maybe she needs to get laid. I don't know, I've never seen someone so bothered that two other people are having sex-."

Jaxon nudges Shawn with his elbow. "Mind lowering the volume, Mister? We're in public."

Shawn looks around and shrugs again. "There's no one in this aisle." Jaxon picks up a bag of grapes, also putting them into the cart.

Shawn perks up. "Oh! I bet I could find someone to sleep with her. I could pay him on top of that. Some good sex would probably calm her down."

"No, Shawn! We're not pimping her out. That's objectification, don't say stuff like that."

"My fault," Shawn looks down at Jaxon, grabbing his arm. "Maybe you need some good sex to calm you down. You okay? You look stressed."

"I'm fine. I just...I'm so over Aaliyah...Can we just talk about something else, please?"

"Of course, baby. My offer for some good sex is still available, by the way."

**
Jaxon was unloading the groceries into the kitchen. Shawn had carried all the bags, and Jaxon was now putting the food away.

"Have you looked at any schools, yet? Or called your mom about it."

Jaxon shakes his head and closes the fridge. "Not yet. Still trying to think this through. I don't wanna make a bad decision."

Shawn nods his head and holds his arm out. "Come here."

Jaxon smiles and sets the empty bag down on the countertop before walking around to where Shawn was sitting.

He's lifted by his waist onto Shawn's lap. Jaxon smiles and leans in kissing him. He places his hand on the back of Shawn's neck.

"You always make the best choices, babe...Well, most of the time anyway. I'm just saying that if you believe it's in your best interest and the best for your future then go for it."

Jaxon nods. "I know. I just wanna be certain with myself that I'm not making decisions based on how I feel about Aaliyah, you know? I don't want her to be the sole reason I quit fashion."

"Then reflect for a few days. Research and do all that big brain shit and see what you think fits best for you."

Jaxon smiles at Shawn, kissing him again.

The front door opens, Gavin walking in alongside Chantel. "Hey, guys."

Jaxon smiles at them and hops down from Shawn's lap. "Hey. How was your day?"

Gavin shrugs. "Meh. Shawn and I's hours have changed so now I'm working alone."

Shawn smiles and leans back. "Awe. You need me to rub your back at work? I know you miss me."

"Fuck off, Williams...Asshole."

Shawn chuckles at him. "Sorry, man. Maverick is tryna get in as many hours with me as possible."

Gavin scoffs. "So you're cheating on me with Maverick."

Jaxon lets out a laugh and turns to Chantel. "You okay?"

Chantel nods her head. "Yeah. Sorry about the other day. Aaliyah is just pushing me off the edge."

Jaxon nods. "Trust me. I believe you."

"Do you know what you're gonna go? I mean...To get her to leave you alone finally?"

Jaxon looks over at Gavin and shrugs. "Yeah, actually, I was thinking of transferring out...I think I'm done with fashion."

Chantel's eyes widen and she shakes her head. "Excuse me?!?"

Jaxon sighs. "I know it seems-."

"Stupid?"

Jaxon furrows his brows. "Chantel. Look, I know it seems random and kind of rushed but after Claudia, I don't know if that's what I'm passionate about."

Chantel crosses her arms. "You can't let one setback determine that."

"No, I know. I'm doing my due diligence and making sure I'm making the right decision. I just feel like I'm trying to force a dream that, maybe isn't gonna benefit me."

"Is this because of Aaliyah?"

Jaxon shakes his head. "No...I mean, Claudia might have influenced a little because of how she treated me based on my sexuality-."

"Wait? So you're just gonna let homophobia win? Back away and allow any other gay kid to be hurt the same way you were?"

Shawn sits up, shaking his head. "Woah, Chantel. Watch your mouth."

Jaxon crosses his arms and scoffs. "Excuse me? Don't tell me what I should and shouldn't do. You don't know what it's like to be me, Chantel."

"Backing away isn't the answer Jaxon."

"Really? Where do you get the right to speak over me? Over a community that you're not even a part of? And stop acting like I'm not the victim here."

Gavin gets up and walks over to Chantel. "Hey...Maybe you guys should cool off?"

Jaxon shakes his head. "Sorry for thinking you'd be supportive." Jaxon rolls his eyes and grabs his things off the counter.

Shawn gets up, trying to stop him. "Hey, princess-."

"No, leave me alone."

"Baby-."

"I said leave me alone!" Shawn looks down at Jaxon who seemed to have surprised himself with his raised voice. "I just wanna be alone."

Shawn nods his head. "Five minutes."

Jaxon nods his head back. "Five."

Shawn nods and lets go of Jaxon before turning back to Chantel and Gavin.

"I know you're trying to help, but you can't overstep like that, Chantel. It's not right and you know that hurt him."

"I understand but...Not wanting to go on and...Allowing Claudia to continue to spew out like that isn't right."

Shawn rolls his eyes. "Doesn't mean you get to blurt out your fucking opinion. You don't understand how scary that shit is, Chantel."

Chantel nods and frowns. "I-I know...I...M-Maybe I should go."

Gavin nods. "Okay. I'll walk you out, okay?"

**