Twelve

Once Kai had finally finished cooking breakfast for everyone, they had all sat at the kitchen table. Aaliyah grabs one of the barstools, making it go lower so it would be the right height.

Jaxon grabs his coffee, taking a small sip from it. Aaliyah looks over at him and sighs. "Hey, uh, Jaxon...I just wanted to apologize...For the joke, I made last night."

Jaxon looks over and nods. "Okay. Thank you."

"I was just drunk and stupid and it was an ignorant thing to say. I'm...I'm sorry."

Jaxon nods and smiles. "It's okay. Trust me."

Aaliyah nods and looks at Mia who was sitting beside her. She smiles and looks back to her plate.

AJ sets his fork down and shakes his head. "Mm mm mm. You guys can not tell me my baby can't cook."

Gavin looks over at him and chuckles. "This is really good, Kai. Thank you."

*
Jaxon walks into his and Shawn's shared bedroom, seeing Shawn with his headset on as he was playing his video games. Shawn glances back and smiles, "Hey, baby."

Jaxon sets the laundry basket down and smiles. "Hi."

Jaxon dumps the basket and begins folding the clothes when someone knocks on their door. Jaxon sighs and gets off the bed, opening the door.

Kai smiles and waves. "Hey. Aaliyah and Mia wanted to go out today, shopping, and lunch. You wanna join?"

Jaxon shrugs. "Was I even invited?"

"I'm inviting you. I'll drive."

Jaxon smiles and shrugs. "Uh sure. When?"

"Uhm, they wanna leave at like, eleven so just be ready by then."

"Okay." Jaxon smiles as Kai walks away and he shuts the door to the room. Shawn pauses his game, taking his headset off and turning around. "Look at you. Going out."

Jaxon rolls his eyes and grabs the folded clothes, walking them over to the dresser. "Whatever. They probably don't want me to tag along."

"Hey, maybe not Aaliyah but Kai and Mia definitely want you to."

Jaxon looks over and nods. "Yeah, I know...Sorry. I'm moody today."

"Why? Was it Aaliyah's half-assed apology or...You just grumpy?"

Jaxon walks over and sits down next to Shawn, shrugging. "Mm. Just grumpy."

Shawn smiles at him, bringing his hand up to run his fingers through Jaxon's fluffy hair a few times. "Hm. Can I help?"

Jaxon looks up at him and shakes his head. "I'm okay. I just...Have to find some motivation to get ready."

Shawn nods and leans in to kiss him twice before pulling away. "You look beautiful."

Jaxon blushes and smiles at him. "Thank you."

Shawn smiles back and pats the side of Jaxon's thigh. "Go get ready, baby. You'll feel better."

**
Jaxon walks out of the bathroom and looks into the full body mirror that was propped against one of the walls. He looks at himself, turning his head to the side to decide if he liked his outfit.

He was wearing some straight-legged ripped black jeans, a black and white long-sleeved striped shirt, with a big white shirt over it.

He looks over at Shawn who was intensely moving his fingers on the controller, completely immersed in the game he was playing.