Eighty Two

a/n: special shout-out to you guys. i just wanted to tell everyone how much i appreciate you guys. i feel like i've built such a nice little community and you guys are like my safe place. my home life isn't the best and you guys make me feel so sane. i appreciate all the kind messages and comments, even though i don't always answer. anyways...i hope you enjoy this chapter !! love you guys

**
"What the fuck do you bring to a picnic?"

Shawn picks up a pack of strawberries and shrugs. AJ chuckles at him. "Okay, well fruit is a good choice. You can also buy those sub sandwiches."

Gavin appears in the aisle with them, holding different packs of crackers. "May I ask why we're shopping right now? It's Friday, not Saturday."

"I know but...Jaxon is out with the girls and I thought it is a good time. Plus, I'm anxious as shit. I don't even know what I'm supposed to say?"

"Uh," Gavin shrugs, "I love you so much, blah blah, wanna get married?"

Shawn rolls his eyes and places the strawberries down into the cart. "Fuckin' annoying."

AJ laughs again at the brotherly behavior. "I think you should just say whatever comes to your mind. Make it as authentic as possible."

"I know but...What if I start rambling and the whole proposal thing takes like...Hours."

AJ shrugs. "I'm sure he wouldn't mind, bro. You guys go off on your "Oh-I-love-you-so-much-where-would-I-be-without-you" tangents all the time."

Shawn rolls his eyes again and glances between the two. "Is it roast Shawn day or something with you two?"

Gavin laughs and drops the boxes of crackers into the cart. "Okay...So what now?"

AJ hums and stares down at the cart. "Uh..."

-
Jaxon looks over at Chantel before glancing at Kai, then at Kirstin. He sets his phone down on the table before letting out a sigh. "I need you guys to be honest with me."

"Okay?" Kai sets her cup down on the table. "What's up?"

"Is...Do you think Shawn is like mad at me?"

Kirstin looks down at her plate for a second before looking back up. "Uh, why? Is something wrong?"

"I don't know. I just feel like he's being distant. I mean...He never responds to my texts with a 'K."

Chantel shrugs his shoulders. "Maybe he's just busy. You said he's out with the guys, right?"

"I mean yeah but...Even then. Every time I walk into the room he changes the conversation," Jaxon takes a gulp and looks down at himself. "Oh god. Do you guys think I'm gaining weight or something?"

Kai shakes her head. "No, Jaxon. And even if you did that's not a bad thing."

"Well...What do you think it is then? What if he doesn't think I'm attractive anymore."

"You're overthinking, Jax. Didn't you guys literally just have one of those long talks you have all the time? About the future and shit?"

"We did but...He's being weird. What if it's about his parents? Should I ask him more about that?"

Kai shakes her head. "No, love. I think you might just be overthinking. A simple mistake in a text doesn't mean anything."

Jaxon clears his throat and nods. "O-Okay...Yeah, maybe you're right. Maybe I'm just overthinking."

Chantel smiles. "Yeah. And remember, you guys are like this," Chantel crosses her fingers.

Kai sits up and smiles. "Sooo...Anyways, Jaxon. We should go out again tomorrow."