Eighty Seven

a/n: IM BACK!! so so sorry for the absence but i graduated hs and the last few weeks were super hectic w college things but i'm back !! i hope you guys don't mind my small break, but i honestly loved it and i'm so ready to keep writing (: .. anyways, enjoy this chapter. love u guys mwah

**
"How does a one-bedroom sound?"

Jaxon and Shawn were sitting together in the kitchen looking at apartments. "Well, yeah. It's just gonna be us."

Shawn quirks a brow. "Being sassy are we?"

Jaxon shrugs and smiles. "That's me. I just don't think we should pay for a two-bedroom. It would be useless, like what would the extra room be used for?"

"When friends come over?"

Jaxon shakes his head. "They could sleep on the couch. I think for our first official apartment together, with just us, it should be one bed."

Shawn nods his head. "Wife is always right, huh?"

Jaxon smiles at him. "Ooh, are we practicing?"

"We are." Shawn chuckles.

The front door then opens, in which Kai walks in. She was wearing her workout clothes and was carrying a small grocery bag. "Oh, hey guys."

"Hi." Jaxon smiles. "Did you run to the store?"

"Mhm." Kai pauses the music on her phone before setting her bags down. "I thought I could get a run in before the sun sets."

"Yeah, but the store is like...Ten minutes from here."

Kai furrows her brows. "Your point? It's quicker than most of my runs." She glances at Shawn's computer screen. "Apartment hunting?"

Shawn nods his head. "Yeah, we're trying to schedule an appointment."

Kai sighs and digs into the bag for her water bottle. "So are me and AJ. It's so stressful. Are you sure you don't want to extend the lease for another year?"

Shawn shrugs his shoulders. "I dunno. Didn't we say it'd be good for us to separate?"

"I know. I just hate adulting. And AJ keeps telling me to find an apartment I like and he'll go along with whatever which...Isn't helpful at all."

Jaxon laughs. "Sounds like AJ."

Kai groans. "I knowww. But I want him to live in a place he likes too. Not just because I like it."

"It's a guy thing, Kai," Shawn says as he stands up from where he was sitting. "It's just how we are."

Kai hums and sits in Shawn's spot. "You guys should get this one. It's nice."

Jaxon smiles. "We're thinking about it."

Gavin then suddenly walks into the kitchen from his room, an empty glass in his hands. "Oh, wow. Are we having a party?"

Kai shakes her head. "Nope. Just Jaxon and Shawn planning their great escape from us."

"Escape?! Don't say it like that." Jaxon groans.

Gavin nods. "Oh, right. They're off to get hitched and have a million babies."

Kai smiles and nods.

Shawn chuckles. "So true. We're only moving out so that we can have sex all day every day."

Gavin fills his empty cup up with water, taking a chug from it. He burps loudly before wiping his mouth. "I have a tour of an apartment next week. Hella excited, low-key."

"You gonna move in with Chantel?" Shawn asks as he grabs a beer from the fridge. "You two seem tight."

"We've talked about it. We aren't too sure yet but it's a possibility."

**
Jaxon was sitting on his bed, scrolling on his phone. Shawn and Gavin had left for work as they both picked up extra shifts for the weekend. He hears someone knock on his bedroom door. He sits up, "Come in." He says.

Kai walks into the bedroom, a bag of chips in her hands. "Hi. Can we talk?"

"Of course." Jaxon scoots over on the bed, making room for Kai.

She closes the door behind herself before sitting down on the bed next to him. She lays her head back against the headboard. Jaxon frowns. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Yeah. It's just...Things are moving quickly and it's making me anxious. I mean, we just moved out and now everyone wants to separate?"

Jaxon shakes his head. "It's not like that, Kai. It's just...We all think it would be good for some more independence."

"I know but...I've never felt like I've has such a strong bond with anyone. I've never felt as close with someone before and I don't want that to end."

Jaxon frowns. "Oh, Kai. Nothing is gonna change. It's not like we're leaving the city. And trust me, we'll still have time for each other. I'm not just gonna forget about you."

"But what if we all get super busy? I know I have AJ and you know I love him but I cherish friendship just as much. And after everything with Mia I feel like I'm even more protective over you, you know?"

"You don't have to worry about that anymore. I appreciate it but I promise nothing will change. You're my best friend and I would die before just forgetting about you."

Kai nods her head and leans her head back again. "You're so good at that. Just talking and saying the right things." She lets out a sigh, knowing what Jaxon was saying was true.

Jaxon reaches down and grabs Kai's hand. "Trust me, you're not the only one anxious about this whole thing. Shawn and I living alone, alone? I wonder how that's gonna be."

"I'm sure it'll be fine. You practically lived with him senior year, remember? All that shit with your parents?"

"What about you and AJ? Nervous for it?"

"Not really. We kinda live off the same schedule and he's...Just the sweetest person, you know?" Kai shrugs. "I do think it'll be good."

"See? I told you." Jaxon smiles.

**