Thirty Six

"Okay. My last class is at two today."

"Alright. I should be home in like...Thirty minutes after that and then we'll go."

Jaxon nods. "Okay." He gets up from the bed and looks back at Shawn. "Oh. I hope no one minds but, Chantel and Kirst are coming over for lunch."

"That's fine with me."

Jaxon smiles at him. "Okay."

Shawn smiles and sits up from where he was on the bed, holding his arm out. "Come here."

Jaxon walks over to Shawn, sitting on the edge of the bed next to him. He leans in and kisses him once.

Shawn places his hand on Jaxon's thigh, running his hand up and down. "I hope you don't think I'm being super like...Controlling or anything I just wanna keep you safe."

Jaxon shakes his head. "No, baby, I know. It's fine, really. Plus, I wasn't really thinking about going on my own, anyway."

"Okay. I just know sometimes my tone can be kind of...Demanding and shit. Don't wanna make you feel forced or anything."

"It's okay. Really. And you know if there was an issue that I'd put you in your place."

Shawn chuckles and nods. "True."

Jaxon smiles and leans back down to kiss him again. "Okay. I'll see you later on, okay? I love you."

"I love you, too princess."

**
"You're going to her house?!"

"Just to drop off some things she left at our place and Gavin said he's not ready, it's not like-."

"Fuck that. She can buy the shit again just throw it out with the rest of the garbage."

Jaxon shakes his head. "God, you sound like Shawn."

"No, I'm serious, Jaxon. That girl literally drugged you! How could you stand to be around her?"

Jaxon furrows his brows. "You think I want to? I've known her since we were literal babies, okay? It's not a want, but I need to get a few words out."

"You shouldn't. You're literally setting yourself up for failure....again."

"Well, I'm going to. Okay? And I'm not going alone. Shawn would rather kill someone than leave me alone with her again."

Chantel looks up at Jaxon and shakes her head. "I'm just saying."

"I get, Chantel. But please don't make me feel like I'm the reason she did what she did." Jaxon lets out a sigh. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom."

Chantel reaches her hand out to grab him but misses. "Jax-."

*
Jaxon grabs a water bottle from the fridge, before going into his room. He sits on the bed, opening the water bottle and taking a large chug from it.

He looks over at his bedside table, seeing a picture of him and Mia still sitting, where he put it when they first moved in.

He hadn't thought much about to entire situation since it happened. He didn't want it to properly register because he wasn't ready.

He grabs the picture, looking down it. It was the two from sixth grade, which was very noticeable, given the absurd dressing styles and poses.

He slumps his shoulder and lets his head fall down. He takes in a deep breath, before letting one out, resulting in him crying.

He sets the picture down on the bed and places his head in his hands, crying into his palms.

He had wiped away any feelings because of Gavin's breakup, more focused on him and how he felt that he didn't take the time to realize just how hurt he was.