Seventy Five

Jaxon steps out of the shower, jumping at the sight of Shawn sitting up on the counter. "Fuck, you scared me." He grabs a towel to wrap around his waist.

Shawn glances up at Jaxon, pulling at a loose string on his sweatpants. "Sorry. Didn't wanna be out there alone."

Jaxon smiles. "That's fine. You should've said something, though."

"You're right."

Jaxon sighs and walks out of the bathroom to find something to wear. He grabs a tee shirt and a pair of boxers out of his suitcase.

Shawn follows him out, taking a seat on the bed. He watches as Jaxon drops his towel and gets dressed in his clothes. He bites his lip and looks down at the ring around his neck.

"Hey, babe? I have a question."

"Okay." Jaxon grabs his bottle of lotion before sitting down next to Shawn. "What's up?" He pops the cap and begins to moisturize his legs.

Shawn almost mentions engagement but changes his mind. "Uh...I haven't decided what to like...Do. Uhm, how should I tell his family?"

Jaxon turns to look at him. "I think you should just call them. Once you tell a few people the word will spread and it'll be easier."

Shawn nods his head. "I don't even know how to plan a funeral, princess."

"I know, baby. But, hopefully, your family will try and help. And I'm sure if not, we can all try our best. I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind helping."

Shawn nods his head and sighs. "Okay."

Jaxon smiles and sets his lotion down before crawling to get into Shawn's lap. He wraps both his arms around Shawn's neck before leaning in to kiss him.

"I love you."

Shawn smiles, placing his hands on Jaxon's waist. "I love you, too." He leans in to kiss him again.

Gavin suddenly appears at the door, "Yo. The foods here."

**
Shawn sits back on the couch as everyone began to eat. He crosses his arms and watches as Jaxon takes a bite. He begins to bounce his leg up and down.

Kai sighs and looks up at Shawn. "Have you decided on anything yet?"

Shawn shakes his head. "Uh, not really. Planning on calling family tomorrow and tryna see what we're gonna do."

Jaxon turns around to look at Shawn. He frowns, "Are you gonna eat?"

Shawn glances at Jaxon before looking away. He shrugs his shoulders. "Yeah, later."

Jaxon shakes his head and reaches to grab Shawn a plate. "I want you to eat now, please."

"Not hungry." Shawn brings his hand up to chew on his nails.

"Shawn. Come on, please. Just a little bit and I won't bug you about it."

Shawn stares at Jaxon for a few seconds before nodding. "Fine."

Jaxon fixes Shawn's plate for him before smiling. "Thank you. I'm sorry for being demanding but I need you to eat, okay?"

"Okay." Shawn leans in and kisses him once.

**
Shawn was laying down in bed, staring up at the ceiling. Jaxon walks back into the bedroom and shuts the door. "Baby? You sleep yet?"

Shawn looks over at him and shakes his head. "Nah, not yet."

Jaxon smiles and turns off the light switch before getting into bed next to Shawn. He sits up a little and leans down to kiss him once.

"How are you feeling?"

Shawn rests his hand on Jaxon's hip and shrugs. "I don't really know, to be honest. Feeling better, though."

"That's good."

Shawn raises his eyebrows. "Mhm. Turns out breaking down in front of you and embarrassing myself is a good thing."

Jaxon lays his head down. "There's nothing to be embarrassed about, Shawn."

Shawn sighs and leans his head back. "I know...I know. It's just annoying."

Jaxon smiles and sets his hand on Shawn's chest. "I'm proud of you, you know that?"

"I know, thank you, baby."

Jaxon reaches his hand down and grabs the necklace around Shawn's neck. He grabs the ring and smiles. "Aw, baby. Is this your mom's ring?"

Shawn nods his head and looks at Jaxon. "Mhm. I thought my dad would want it but," Shawn clears his throat, "He let me keep it."

Jaxon slips it on his finger and smiles. "Wow. Your dad may have not been a lot of things but he sure did know how to shop for jewelry. This is so cute."

"My mom was obsessed with it."

"Wow," Jaxon takes the ring off, "My ring better be this cute."

Shawn watches Jaxon's eyes as he stared at the ring. "Yeah, of course, it will, baby."

Jaxon smiles again and meets Shawn's eyes. "You sure you're doing better? You wanna talk a little more before we go to sleep?"

Shawn shakes his head. "I think I'm okay for right now. Thank you for asking."

"Of course. So, what's the plan for tomorrow?"

"Call family, let them know the news. Talk to his parents and siblings about funeral shit. I guess I'll cover the costs, I'm not really sure."

"You don't think they'd be up for splitting?"

"Not sure. I haven't spoke to them in forever. They left his health on me so I bet they're gonna make me cover all the cost."

"My mom can help, baby. She offered."

"Oh yeah...," Shawn sits up a little, "You guys giving me forty-five hundred? Who's idea was that?"

Jaxon grins a little as he also sits up. "Guilty."

"Princess-."

"Look, I know, I know. You're not a receiver, you don't like getting things in return. But...You had to grow up so fast...So fast, and you were never given the opportunity the rest of us were-"

"I just...Couldn't sit at home, while you spend every single dime to pay for your dad. You've done it your entire life. And I would give everything to change that. I know it was a lot of money, and I know that scares you, but if anyone deserves it, it's you."

Shawn shakes his head and looks up at the ceiling. "Fuck, Jaxon. Y-You can't just-." Shawn wipes his eyes.

Jaxon frowns. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry."

Shawn lets out a deep breath. "I swear, they're happy tears...Or, overwhelmed, but I'm fine."

"Are you sure? My plan was not for you to cry again."

Shawn chuckles and shakes his head. "God, I fuckin' love you."

**