Thirty

a/n: oops sorry hahaha you guys are all so smart lololol :))))

**

"I'm making a statement."

Shawn smiles and plays with Jaxon's hair. "Mhm. Can you tell me which statement you're making exactly?"

"I'm saying that I can be comfy at a party and still possibly be the prettiest person there."

"Cocky."

"No, confident."

Shawn smiles and slips his hand under Jaxon's chin. "Well, you definitely will be the prettiest person there. Kai is in second place."

Jaxon nods his head. "Oh, that's a given. She's hot."

"Mhm. Definitely."

Shawn fixes his own belt on his work pants and smiles. "Well, I hope you have a good time, pretty boy. I'm really sorry I'm working otherwise-."

"It's okay. Promise. We can totally celebrate my birthday on its actual date. I'm just going for the free food and possible gifts."

Shawn smiles and lets out a chuckle. "Yeah. Sounds about right."

Jaxon smiles and leans in to kiss Shawn once. "Plus. I'll be able to come home and see your handsome face and that's the best gift I could ask for."

Shawn places both of his hands on Jaxon's chest, pushing him back. "Okay...Now you're being kinda gay."

Jaxon smiles and shakes his head. "Oh ew gross. I would never. That's like...disgusting."

"I know, bro. You gotta say no homo."

Jaxon finally lets out a laugh and shakes his head. "Yeah, next time we have sex I'm gonna have to say no homo, I don't want you to get the wrong idea".

Kai knocks on the door, peeking her head inside. "Hey! Chantel and Kirstin are here!"

Jaxon nods and smiles. "You look cute!"

"Oh, thanks. I just...threw these on. Took less than a minute."

Jaxon laughs. "Yeah, me too." He turns back to Shawn and smiles. "I'll see you later, tonight, okay?"

"Mhm. Have fun and please be safe. Text me if you need anything, okay?"

"I will. I love you."

"I love you too, princess." Shawn leans down and kisses him twice.

**
Aaliyah smiles. "Attention! This is the birthday boy! Remember this is his party and we're celebrating him."

Jaxon blushes and looks up at Aaliyah. "Thank you. It's...Really cool you threw all this together."

"Of course."

Aaliyah grabs a cup from off the table and hands it to Jaxon. "Here. To you."

Jaxon grabs the cup, tilting it towards himself to look inside the cup. "What is it, exactly?"

"Punch, mixed with some alcohol. Mia made it, trust." Aaliyah reaches back down to grab her own cup. "Happy birthday."

Jaxon smiles and brings the cup up to his lips, taking a small sip. "Thanks again. I know you and I fell off in high school but...I don't know, just thank you."

"Don't mention it, sweetheart."

**
Chantel walks out to the front, sitting on one of the steps. Kirstin grabs her cup and looks around, trying to find her. She walks out behind her, smiling.