Seventy Two

tw: death/overdose

some people say tw's ruin the story cause it tells the plotline but i wouldn't want someone to read this and freak out! it's not too in-depth btw but it does talk about it

:) love u guys

**

Shawn sighs and lays his head down on his pillow. Gavin was laying down beside him, hopefully giving him a sense of comfort.

"What'd he say?"

Shawn fixes his pillow, bringing his hand to rest on his stomach. "I...He just told me to give my mom's ring to Jaxon."

"What?" Gavin sits up a little, propping himself up on his elbows. "He told you to marry him?"

"Not really just," Shawn grabs the chain of the necklace that was holding his mom's ring. "Gave me permission? I-... I don't know."

Gavin furrows his brows and lays back down. "That's...Intense."

"He kept telling me sorry and shit. Whatever...Probably wasn't even genuine but...It was just weird." Shawn grabs the ring in his hand and sighs.

Gavin turns his head to look at Shawn. "Woah, man. You're not thinking of proposing, are you?"

Shawn shrugs his shoulders. "I-."

"Seriously?" Gavin sits up completely now. "You think he's ready for that?"

"We talk about it all the time. And...With everything going on...I think I need this next step. You know...Just confirm that he's not sick of me and won't leave me."

"You're deadass?"

"I don't know," Shawn puts his hands over his face. "Fuck."

"I mean...Engagement? That's a big step."

I know but maybe we should I mean...I don't fucking know."

"Woah...Are you deadass?"

"Stop fucking asking that."

"I'm sorry I-."

Shawn's phone begins to ring and he turns to grab it. He sighs and answers the phone. "Hey, princess."

"Hi. How are you? You sound...Upset. Are you okay? Did your dad say something to you-?"

Shawn lets out a chuckle and shakes his head. "Take a deep breath, baby. I'm fine, just a little tired."

"Oh. Are you sure?"

"Mhm. What are you doing?"

"Chantel, Kirst, and Kai wanna go out for dinner so I'm getting ready. AJ decided to stay home like an old man."

Shawn chuckles again. "Do you need any money-."

"No, Shawn. I got it, trust me. Thanks for asking. Have you eaten dinner yet?"

"Uh, I'm not hungry," Shawn clears his throat, "But, I'll try to eat something."

Jaxon smiles. "Mhm, good answer. God, I miss you so much. Can we FaceTime when I get back from dinner?"

"Of course, we can, baby."

"Yay," Shawn can hear as Jaxon sets the phone down and sprays some perfume on himself. "I can't wait to see your handsome face."

Shawn chuckles and lays his head back. "It's not looking too good right now, baby."

Jaxon rolls his eyes and picks his phone back up. "Whatever, you're so hot even messy looks good on you."

"Mhm."

"Okay, well I love you so much and I'll call you after dinner. Please stay awake for me."

"I will, love. You have fun okay? Eat a bread roll for me."

Jaxon smiles. "Okay. Love you."

"I love you, too. Bye."

**
Shawn throws a red hoodie over his head before walking to the guest bedroom. "Yo, wanna go get some breakfast?"

Gavin looks up from where he was texting Chantel and nods. "Sure. When's the nurse coming?"

"She coming early today. Thought we could go to eat since we ain't got no food here."

"Sure. Lemme get ready."

"Cool." Shawn walks back into his bedroom, grabbing his phone and quickly texting Jaxon a 'good morning' text. He sighs and grabs his shoes to put on before walking downstairs.

He knocks on his dad's door. "Yo! Nurse'll be here in about twenty minutes! Is it cool if Gav and I step out?"

He doesn't get a response.

He knocks again. "Mark, we're gonna go get breakfast!"

Shawn sighs and walks into the room. His dad was sleeping with his head under the pillow. He walks over to his, giving him a small shove. "Yo, you heard me? We're gonna go get breakfast."

Gavin appears in the doorway.

"Mark." He shakes his dad. "Mark?"

Shawn grabs the pillow off of his dad's head before shaking him again. "Dad?"

Gavin walks into the room and grabs Mark's wrist. "Oh fuck. Shawn...Call 911."

Shawn shakes his head and stares at the back of his dad's head. Gavin curses, "Fuck, Shawn! Call 911 my phone is upstairs!"

Shawn doesn't move and Gavin rushes over to him to forcefully yank his phone out of his front pocket. 

**
Shawn sat with his head in his hand while in the waiting room.

"We're in the waiting room right now, Mom. Think you could swing by?"

"Of course, honey. How's Shawn doing?"

Gavin looks over from where he was sitting in the waiting room. "I...I can't really tell. He's not easy to read."

"Do you know what happened?"

"His pulse was really weak and he puked all over himself. Could be the disease but we're not sure."

"Okay. Tell him I love him and I'll be there as soon as I can okay? I love you too, Gav."

"I love you, Ma. Thanks." Gavin hangs up the phone and slides it into his pocket. He takes a seat next to Shawn. "You call Jaxon yet?"

Shawn just shakes his head.

"This might be really dumb to ask but...How you holding up?"

Shawn sits up and leans back into his chair, crossing his arms. "I'm fine."

"Family of Mark Rick-Williams?"

Shawn looks up at the nurse and stands up quickly. "Me, Uh, I'm his family...Uh, he's my dad."

"I am very sorry, but your father, unfortunately, did not make it."

Shawn takes a gulp and nods. "Uh...What...What? Uhm, what happened?"

Gavin places his hand on Shawn's back.

"We found high traces of Ativan in your father's system. We're you aware of any prescriptions he may have been taking?"

Shawn shrugs his shoulders. "Uh, I-...I don't know," He suddenly felt as if he could throw up right there, "Can you excuse me for a moment?"

The nurse gives a sympathetic smile and nods. "Of course."

Shawn clears his throat and walks away to find the nearest bathroom. Gavin smiles at the nurse, knowing Shawn needed some alone time.

Shawn shuts the bathroom door, leaning his head backs against it. He turns to face the door before slamming his hand into it. "Fuck!"

He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes. He takes a few breathes in before reaching in his pocket to call Jaxon.

Jaxon picks up on the second ring. "Hey, baby. I was just about to call you, what's-,"

"He's gone, Jaxon."

**