Fifty Six

a/n: happy pride month loves !!

**

Mia waves to Aaliyah as she got out of the car. She grabs her things and shuts the car door. She glances up and sees Jaxon with his phone pressed to his ear, a big smile on his face.

She was broken out of that trace when a girl taps her on the shoulder. "Hey, Mia!"

Mia turns around, tucking some of her hair behind her ear. "Uh, I'm sorry. Do I know you?"

"I'm Adrianna Smith. Remember me? We hung out senior year back in Pennsylvania."

"Oh yeah...Hey, what's up?"

"Not much. I forgot you applied here. Oh, and Jaxon did too? That's awesome."

Mia shakes her head. "W-What's awesome?"

"I dunno. People talk a lot and everyone was wondering if you guys were gonna stay friends. Guess they were wrong! I think it's cool you guys are going to school together, especially since you guys grew up together."

Mia blushes and nods. "Yeah...Yeah, it's pretty cool."

"I haven't seen him. You guys wanna catch up during lunch? There's this nice coffee shop I passed by a few days ago."

"Oh, I'd have to ask Jaxon. Just let me get back to you, alright?"

"Sure! Well, I should get going. Don't wanna be late for class. Your number still the same?"

"Yup."

"Cool. I'll text you. Catch ya later." Adrianna smiles as she waves and walks away.

**
Jaxon walks into the front door, a textbook in front of him. He was on his lunch period and Chantel was with Gavin and Kirstin had plans with some other friends.

Jaxon sets his things down, going into the kitchen to find something to eat. He had about two hours before his next class and could use a nap, though he was starving.

He groans, not feeling like cooking, and grabs his phone from his back pocket to call Shawn.

Shawn appears from out of their bedroom, looking down at his ringing phone.

Jaxon jumps a little, not expecting to see him. "Shit!"

Shawn chuckles a little, walking over to him. "You alright, babe?"

"Damn. I thought you'd be at work."

Shawn shakes his head. "No? I told you I don't work today."

"Sorry. I spaced. School is stressful," He looks up at Shawn, a smile on his face, "Hi."

Shawn smiles back, leaning down to place a small kiss on his lips before pulling away. "Hi."

"Do you have any lunch plans? I'm so hungry."

"What do you want? Do you wanna go out?"

Jaxon hums and shakes his head. "Can we order in? I have a two-hour break and wanna nap after I eat."

"Sure. "

**
Jaxon had fallen asleep on Shawn's chest. They were in bed watching a Netflix show. Jaxon had asked Shawn to wake him up at two so he'd be able to make his last class.

Shawn was running his fingers through Jaxon's fluffy hair, watching the TV.

He looks over when Jaxon's phone starts vibrating. He furrows his brows and leans over a little bit to read the screen.

He isn't the type to snoop but when he saw 'Mia' on the screen he was confused. He lets the phone ring though, not knowing if he should answer the phone.

*
Jaxon napped for about two hours before Shawn was lightly pushing him to wake up. "Princess? It's time for you to go back."

Jaxon groans and brings both hands up to cover her eyes. "Already?"

"Yeah, baby. You said two."

Jaxon yawns and sits up in bed, grabbing his glasses off the bedside table.

"Mia called you."

Jaxon furrows his brows and looks over at Shawn. "Mia?"

"Mhm."

"Wow. That's weird. I thought I blocked her number." Jaxon grabs his phone and sees the missed call notification. He shrugs his shoulders. "Maybe she butt-dialed, I don't know."

Shawn hums and sets his hand on Jaxon's thigh. "You coming right home after class?"

"Mhm. Can't wait, I'm so tired." Jaxon pouts.

Shawn smiles and grabs Jaxon's face with both his hands, leaning in and kissing him. "It'll be over before you know it. Wanna get dinner tonight?"

Jaxon's face lights up and he nods. "Yea, please. Where you wanna go?"

"Don't know yet. Think of somewhere. I wanna take you out."

Jaxon smiles. "Okay." He leans back in to kiss Shawn again before pulling away. "I gotta go."

**
Jaxon grabs his keys from the bottom of his bag, yawning. His class was finally over and all he wanted to do was go lay in bed next to Shawn.

He grabs his phone to quickly text Shawn that he was on his way home.

"Jaxon!"

Jaxon turns around and sees Mia and Aaliyah walking his way. He curses and rolls his eyes, turning back around.

"Hello!? We're talking to you."

Jaxon doesn't respond and opens his car door until he feels the handle slip out of his hand and Aaliyah slams it shut. She leans against the door, smiling.

Jaxon crosses his arms. "What the fuck do you want? I'm trying to go home."

"Yeah, yeah. Why aren't you answering Mia's calls?"

Jaxon chuckles and shrugs. "I dunno. Cause I'm not obligated to. I don't like either of you, now can you please move?"

"How's Shawn doing?"

Jaxon laughs again. "What? Does getting emotional updates on my boyfriend make you feel better or something? He's fine, now move."

Aaliyah rolls her eyes and gets up, moving out of the way. She bends down, holding the door open. "I hope you know you saying shit like that doesn't hurt me."

"Cool. I don't care. Your entire personality is built off of hating me all because Shawn is gay and doesn't like you. So...What you say doesn't hurt me either."

Aaliyah scoffs and looks over at Mia. "Oh really? Mia told me about that big secret of yours. You know, the one where you cried in her arms like a baby."

Jaxon doesn't change his face, not wanting to let his guard down around her anymore.

Aaliyah smiles. "Awe, it's okay. You might have Shawn but you don't have what I have."

"Which is?"

"Hm...People don't hate me for my sexuality...Or who I chose to date...Oh, and I-."

Mia shakes her head. "No! Aaliyah, stop it."

Aaliyah ignored Mia and smiles. "Tell me. Are you still upset? You know, about the fact that you'll never be able to have kids? I mean, everything would just be so easier if you were just normal-."

Jaxon pushes Aaliyah's hand off of his door, slamming it shut. Aaliyah backs up and starts laughing out loud. She waves at him before walking away.

**