Nineteen

Jaxon sets his bag down, heading over to the kitchen. Shawn throws his keys on the counter, walking up behind Jaxon.

"So. How was school? You like your classes?"

Jaxon smiles and nods, grabbing a granola bar from the box. He turns around, starting to open the package. Shawn grabs it from him, shaking his head. "Thought you can't eat these."

Jaxon rolls his eyes, reaching his hand up to his own mouth. He snaps his rubber bands out. "I don't care. I'm hungry. Give it back."

Shawn cringes. "Ew. Don't ever do that again."

Jaxon looks up and smiles, taking a bite into the granola bar. Jaxon grabs a water bottle from the fridge and sits down at the kitchen table.

Shawn follows, sitting down next to him. "So. Tell me about it."

Jaxon nods. "I met a friend. We have two classes together. One in the morning, one in the afternoon. Mia and I only have one class together."

Shawn nods. "How was lunch? What'd you eat?"

Jaxon grabs his water bottle, trying to twist the cap off. He shakes his head. "Uhm. I had some coffee at the school's cafe. Can you open this, please?"

Shawn sits up and furrows his brows. He grabs the water bottle, snapping the seal and handing it to Jaxon. "What do you mean coffee? I thought you and Mia were going to get Panera. We're you not hungry?"

"I was but, she ditched me. Her and Aaliyah went to get lunch."

Shawn rolls his eyes. "That's fucking dumb. She offered to take you to lunch this morning."

Jaxon nods and takes a long sip from his water bottle. "It's not that big of a deal. The girl I met, her name is Chantel and we ate together. Said we'll meet up for lunch again tomorrow."

Shawn crosses his arms. "I still don't like that, princess. That doesn't sit right with me."

Jaxon sets his water bottle down, grabbing Shawn's hand. He kisses the back of Shawn's hand, smiling. "It's fine, promise."

**
Kai and AJ get home at the same time. AJ throws his shoes off, laying down on the couch. "Nope. Not ready for this bullshit again."

Kai smiles and walks into the kitchen, seeing Jaxon and Shawn still sitting there having their own conversation.

She waves at them and smiles. "Hey! How was school, brainiac?"

"It was good."

Shawn shakes his head. "Mia ditched him during lunch for Aaliyah. What kind of bullshit?"

Kai widens her eyes and takes a seat. "What? Wait-...Didn't you guys make plans this morning for that?"

Jaxon nods his head. "I mean yeah-...It's not that big of a deal, though. I met a friend and she seems nice."

Kai hums and sits back, crossing her arms. "I don't mean to sound rude but...I'm getting tired of her shit, genuinely. I know you've known her a long time, Jax, but that girl is toxic."

Gavin walks into the kitchen, "Aye! It's the college kids." He looks over at AJ who was already passed out on the couch. "Damn, he's out for the count."

He looks around. "Uh, has anyone seen Mia? Jax?"

Jaxon looks up and shakes his head. "No, I haven't seen her since this morning."

"Damn. Guess she's with her bestie," Jaxon blushes and Gavin bites his lip, "Sorry, Jax. Didn't mean it like that."

Gavin scratches the back of his head. "So! Tell me about your first day as college students."