Thirty Seven

tw: talk about sexual assault

**

Jaxon runs into the house behind Shawn, shutting the front door. "Shawn, can you please talk to me?"

"Roofies? Are you fucking kidding me! She's lucky I don't grab her by her fucking neck-!"

Jaxon grabs Shawn's hand and shakes his head. "Hey!"

Gavin, Kai, and AJ all walk out of their rooms. Gavin furrows his brows. "Everything okay?"

Shawn turns around to look at Gavin. "Those bitches roofied Jaxon. And are trying to say it was a joke!"

"Roofies? Where'd they even get those?"

"I don't fucking know but I'm about five seconds from running back over there and-!"

Gavin shakes his head and grabs Shawn by the arm. "Outside. Get your ass outside so you can calm down."

Shawn rolls his eyes as he takes himself outside. Jaxon walks over to Kai and AJ. "Can someone please explain what roofies are?"

AJ sets his hand on Jaxon's shoulder. "It's a date-rape drug. A lot of men use them to spike drinks and...Take advantage of women."

Jaxon frowns and looks down at his hands. "W-why would they?"

Kai grabs Jaxon's hand. "I think they just knew it would make you disoriented and used it to their advantage."

Jaxon looks up and shakes his head. "I-I don't remember everything...Do you think something happened?"

"No, Jax. You were only out of our sight for a few minutes and you weren't-."

"A few minutes? Something could've happened."

Kai shakes her head. "Jaxon I doubt anyone did anything. Please don't freak yourself out."

Jaxon looks at both of them and nods. He backs away and runs his fingers through his hair. "I-I'm gonna go take a shower."

*
Shawn walks into the house, now calmed down. He sees Kai in the kitchen making dinner. "Hey, where's Jaxon."

"Shower. He said he felt gross."

"Okay. Thank you." Shawn walks back into their bedroom, hearing the shower on. He walks into the bathroom. "Princess?"

Jaxon peeks his head out of the shower, smiling softly. "Hi."

Shawn smiles back. "Are you okay?"

Jaxon shrugs his shoulders. "Wanna get in with me?"

"Sure." Shawn quickly undressed and gets in behind Jaxon. Jaxon smiles and turns around, setting his hand flat on Shawn's chest, "Hi."

Shawn smiles back. "Hi."

Jaxon looks up at him, frowning. "Are you crying?"

Shawn shakes his head and reaches up to wipe his tears. "No...I'm not."

"Baby? What's wrong?"

Shawn brings both hands up to his eyes. He lets out a deep breath and shakes his head. "I'm sorry. I know I'm not the one who should be crying-."

Jaxon brings his hands up to remove Shawn's hands from his eyes so he could see him. "Hey, don't do that. What's going on?"

"I just care about you so much and the thought of you...At that party not knowing where you are or...Who you were is so fucking scary to think about."

"I'm sorry, baby. But I'm okay...I'm okay."

"Fuck. I should've fucking called off work or something. How could I be so stupid-."

"Hey. Shawn...Don't do that to yourself. It is not your fault. No one could've known or expected this, you know that."

Shawn shakes his head again and looks at Jaxon directly in the eyes. "I just...Hate imagining you in that state. I love you so much, baby, and I don't know what I would do if you got seriously hurt. If I lost you I think I would lose myself."

**
Kai brings over the pot of shrimp stir fry that she made, placing it in the center of the table. Gavin raises his eyes brows and nods. "Damn. Smells really good."

Kai smiles. "Thank you. My mom used to make it all the time and I was missing it."

Shawn looks over at Jaxon and smiles. "Looks like you have some competition, babe."

Jaxon giggles and rolls his eyes. "Kai and I are on the same team. No competition there."

Kai nods her head and smiles at Jaxon. "Mhm."

AJ walks over to the table, holding five glasses for everyone. "I didn't grab drinks, don't know what everyone wants."

Shawn pats Jaxon's leg, "What do you want?"

"Just water, please."

"Got it. Gav, a beer?"

Gavin lifts his thumb. "Mhm."

Kai steps back up to grab her and AJ something to drink, knowing what the two would want.

Once everyone was finally situated they all sat down to eat dinner together. Jaxon smiles as Shawn puts his arm behind Jaxon's chair.

Kai smiles. "Oh my god! Jax, how's your project going? The one with Kirst and Chantel?"

"It's going good but we can't figure out the stitching. The extra piece of fabric we keep trying to add keeps falling off and it's killing us."

Shawn shrugs. "You'll get it. I know it."

Jaxon smiles at him. "Thank you. I hope so."

Gavin takes a bite into the food, shaking his head. "Damn, Kailani. You're gonna have to cook dinner every night if it tastes like this. Fuck."

Kai looks at him and shrugs. "Seriously? I just followed a recipe and added extra seasoning."

"Well, thank fucking god. And I'm not even religious."

Everyone laughs at Gavin as they continue to eat their dinner.

***