Seventy Nine

Three days after the funeral, the group returned back home. Shawn had spent the last few days at his mom and dad's graves. Luckily, they were buried right next to each other.

It was something Mark has always wanted.

Jaxon walks into their shared bedroom, hearing the shower turned on. He opens the bathroom door, seeing Shawn about to get into the shower.

"Oh! Sorry, I should've knocked."

Shawn chuckles and shrugs. "Yeah. Like you've never seen this before? What's up?"

Jaxon closes the bathroom door behind himself. "I was just wondering if you're doing okay."

"Yeah, I'm cool."

Jaxon gives Shawn the look. The "I know when you're not telling the truth", look.

Shawn clears his throat and nods. "Okay...But, I'm feeling better. I think I'm just really glad that the whole thing is over."

"Are you sure? You didn't talk much on the way back here and you barely touched your lunch."

Shawn steps in front of Jaxon, nodding. "Yes, princess." He grabs both of Jaxon's hands. "I promise. I'm honestly just really tired and wanna shower and take a nap."

"Okay. I just wanted to check. Sorry if I'm speaking to you like a guidance counselor or something."

Shawn smiles. "You're perfectly fine," He leans down, planting a small kiss on his lips. "Wanna join me?"

And Jaxon did. And as requested by Shawn, they showered and then laid in bed to take a nap.

Shawn lets out a deep breath, laying his head down on the pillow. "I missed this stupid little apartment."

Jaxon smiles as he closed the blinds in their room. He turns off the bathroom light before getting into bed with Shawn. "Yeah? You hate my room?"

Shawn looks down at him. "Mhm. It was too like...Gay."

Jaxon laughs, "Oh...Was it the Lady Gaga posters? Or the magazine cutouts of male models?"

"Mmm. Yeah, something like that," Shawn shakes his head. "Nah. I just think being back home made me feel all depressed and shit. We moved here and it kinda opened new doors for me, you know?"

Jaxon nods his head. "Mhm."

"I feel like I'm able to fully live and be myself out here. Somehow being back home made me get back into that mindset of when I was a kid and had all these fucked up things going on."

Jaxon frowns. "I know it was hard being there. In that house and around your family...But you were really strong and held yourself together."

Shawn smiles. "Yeah, well. Someone taught me how to do that."

Jaxon smiles up at Shawn.

"Seriously. I don't how many times I can say I appreciate you, though. I haven't met a single other person that would wanna date a train wreck like myself."

Jaxon furrows his brows before sitting up. "You're not a train wreck. You're literally the best thing that's ever happened to me and I'm grateful."

"See? There you go being my peace again."

"Well, what can I say?" Jaxon leans down, kissing Shawn once. "I love you."

Shawn leans back in to kiss Jaxon a few times before pulling away, laying his head back. "I love you too."

**
"I missed you so much," Chantel says as she hugs Gavin. She pulls away, placing her hands on Gavin's shoulders.

Gavin smiles at her. "I missed you too." He leans in and kisses her once.

Chantel was currently on her lunch break before she had another class. Gavin called her in hopes she'd be available for lunch.

They go inside the small restaurant they were at and get seated.

"So!" Chantel smiles widely, "How have you been? Any new and exciting news?"

"Uh, not really. Just been tryna hold down the fort, you know?"

Chantel nods. "Yeah, sorry am I being tone-deaf?"

Gavin chuckles, "Nah, it's okay. Your optimism is really nice considering."

"How is Shawn doing? After everything you've told me about him, I can't imagine him having to deal with another death. Especially it being a parent."

"He's doing better than he was a few days ago. I think he's enjoying being back home too. It was rough for a while but...That kid is super strong."

"Was the funeral nice?"

"Yeah. It was pretty good. It was kind of awkward, though. Hearing people talk about how great his dad was."

"Oof. That sounds rough. Are you guys already going back to work?"

Gavin shakes his head. "Nah. We decided to take the rest of the week off. Hopefully, get everyone's schedule back on track."

"That's good. I'm glad everything's working out."

"Mhm." Gavin clears his throat and reaches out to grab Chantel's hand. She gladly accepts it, a small smile on her face.

"I know we were kind of in a weird place when I left. The whole ex situation."

Chantel nods. "It's fine, Gavin. I was just...Being insecure I think. I understand why this has been so hard on you."

"I know but I realized I shouldn't let this shit affect me. I didn't do anything wrong to Mia, you know? I tried my best and that's all that matters,"

"I just realized that I was blaming myself for the things she did and it was starting to reflect on our relationship...But I don't wanna put you in an uncomfortable situation like that, so for that I'm sorry."

Chantel smiles and brings Gavin's hand up to her lips, kissing it. "You're forgiven. Thank you for expressing yourself."

**
Chantel was invited to dinner at the apartment. Kai and Gavin had decided to order Chinese takeout for everyone so they could sit around the living room and watch movies.

Which led to Kirstin also joining in which she brought some bottles of wine and a package of cookies.

AJ was grabbing a few wine glasses to set on the coffee table while Kai was bringing the food into the house.

Gavin furrows his brows and sits up on the couch. "Did anyone go get the Williams? The food is here."

Kirstin smiles and looks at Chantel. "The Williams. That's cute."

Gavin stands from the couch. "Guess I'll have to do it. Pray that they're not fucking."

Everyone laughs at him as he walks away. He knocks on their bedroom door twice before peeking his head in.

"Hello?" Gavin sees the two fast asleep in the bed. He walks over to their bed, bending down to be at eye level with Shawn. He pokes him a few times.

Gavin places his hand on Shawn's face, squeezing his cheeks.  "Morning, sleepyhead."

Shawn slowly opens his eyes. "What the fuck are you doing?"

"We ordered Chinese food. Oh, and Chantel and Kirstin are here...Oh! And Kirstin brought wine and cookies."

Shawn nods his head before grabbing Gavin's hand. "Do you mind? Fuckin' weirdo."

Gavin chuckles. "Sorry, cranky pants. Wake up your Mr and come eat. We're gonna watch movies."

**