Sixty

"Writing, right?"

"Mhm." Jaxon sits down next to Chantel who was reading his phone. "I won some awards in high school and stuff. Already have some college credits."

Chantel nods her head. "That's cool," She sighs and looks over at Jaxon. "I'm really sorry."

"I already told you it's okay."

"I know but like...It's not okay. What I said, and how I reacted. I'm your friend, I should support everything you do."

"I understand where you were coming from, Chantel. And, I promise I forgive you."

Chantel takes a deep breath and nods. "Okay."

Jaxon smiles and nudges Chantel. "So, anyways. Tell me about Gavin."

Chantel smirks and shrugs her shoulders."You say that like you haven't known the guy for forever."

"I know, but tell me how you guys are doing."

"It's going good, I guess. I kinda feel like he might still be hung up on Mia though."

Jaxon takes a bite into his sandwich, raising his eyebrows. "Hm?"

"Yeah. I dunno. I feel like it's hard to talk to him about things and...He says he wants to take things slowly but like...How slow?"

Jaxon shrugs his shoulders. "Maybe he's still afraid."

"I know but...If I would've known that I wouldn't have gotten together with him."

"Really? Are you regretting it?"

"No! No, absolutely not I just...Sometimes I feel like a rebound. It was really nice the first weeks and now it's kind of dull."

Jaxon frowns. "I'm sorry, Chantel."

"No, it's fine. I'm gonna talk to him about it. I just really like him and I don't wanna feel any type of ill towards him."

"That's a good idea."

"Anyways...How are you and Shawn?"

"We're good. He's been helping me figure out this whole college thing. He's so sweet, he's supportive of everything I do."

Chantel smiles. "Well duh. He like...Admires you."

**
Mia rolls her eyes and grabs her bag from Aaliyah. "Leave me alone! I don't wanna be here anymore!"

Aaliyah snatches it back. "And why not?"

"Because! I already feel bad enough! I-I can't be around you, Liyah. Fuck...I drugged him! My best friend! I can't-." Mia shakes her head and yanks the bag from Aaliyah's hands.

"Are you serious? After everything?"

"You don't fucking get it, Aaliyah. I ruined everything, thanks to you. I don't wanna be here."

Aaliyah scoffs and crosses her arms. "I ruined everything? Look at where you're living, right now."

"Yeah. And who's paying for this? You haven't ever had to work for anything."

"Where is this coming from? Three weeks ago, you were devising a plan to make him lose his spot, and now your a fucking holy angel?"

Mia shoves her clothes into her bag. Aaliyah furrows her brows and snatches the bag off the bed.

"What's the matter with you?"

Mia groans and grabs handfuls of her hair into her hands. "I just want to leave."

"Why? You were fine last night."

"No, I wasn't. I haven't been fine!"

"Really?" Aaliyah shakes her head at Mia. "You're unbelievable."

"Yeah? I really don't care." Mia walks over to Aaliyah and grabs her bag. "Just let me pack my shit and go."

"Why the sudden moral compass? What do you think is gonna happen? He's gonna forgive you?"

Mia glares at her. "That was never my idea, Aaliyah."

"And yet you didn't stop me."

**
Jaxon holds the door open for Chantel as they entered the apartment. "So is he tattooing yet?"

"Mm, no. He goes up to the tattoo shop and practices for like three hours and then goes to the diner to work."

"Jesus."

"Yeah. He's crazy cause sometimes he'll go to the gym after his shift. I hate when he overworks himself."

Chantel takes a seat at one of the barstools. "No kidding. Where does he get the stamina?"

Jaxon grabs two water bottles out of the fridge and shrugs. He shuts the fridge before handing Chantel a bottle. "Not sure. He uses to play sports though."

"That's crazy."

Jaxon hears knocking at the front door. He sighs and sets his bottle down, swinging the front door open.

"Hey, Kirstin. I thought you were out at your sewing club?"

Kirstin strides in and shakes her head. "No, I was. But, I heard people gossiping and I felt like this would be better than to send over text-."

Jaxon shuts the front door. Chantel widens her eyes and places her hand on Kristin's arm. "Woah. Slow down, are you okay?"

Kirstin nods and takes a seat beside Chantel. "Yeah. But I just heard that Mia moved out of Aaliyah's place."

"Really? Why?"

"I dunno if she was kicked out or left but...Jasmine Rogers, the girl living next to them said that they were arguing for like...Two hours before Mia left with like five bags of her shit."

"That's...Interesting."

"Yeah? Well, there's more. Apparently, Mia is planning on telling the school about what they did."

Jaxon shakes his head. "What? Why?"

"Well, according to Jasmine, Mia was claiming that there was more to the story and she wants her side out."

Chantel furrows her brows. "Wait? Does Jasmine even know what they were talking about?"

"No. She doesn't know any of the details or anything."

Jaxon shrugs his shoulders. "I'm confused. What more could there be to the story other than they both drugged me?"

"I don't know."

Chantel takes a deep breath. "You really think she'd tell the school?"

Kirstin shrugs and glances at Jaxon. "You knew her best. What do you think?"

"I don't know. She probably just said it in the moment to get Aaliyah off her back. Mia is really shy...She doesn't know how to speak up."

**