Forty Nine

Chantel walks over with a bag of fast food. She sits on the bed next to Jaxon, frowning. She runs her hand up and down his back. "I'm so sorry, Jaxon."

He looks up and shakes his head. "I just don't understand...I just-." He feels his phone vibrating in his pocket, seeing Shawn was calling him.

He shakes his head, setting his phone down on Chantel's bed. "You guys can't tell him."

Kirstin sits up, shrugging. "Why, Jaxon? What she did isn't right!"

"I know, I know but I don't want him too worried about me any more than he already is! After everything with Mia, I-I can't do that to him."

"Jaxon, he would unde-."

"No! It's fine...It doesn't matter," Jaxon stands up from the bed, "I'm gonna go clean up...I'll be right back."

Jaxon walks into their bathroom, quickly shutting the door behind himself.

Chantel sighs and sets the food down. "This is too much. And who told Claudia?"

Kirstin shrugs. "I don't know."

"God, I feel so bad. What can we do? And...Should we tell Shawn?"

"I dunno."

**
Jaxon walks into the apartment after school, setting his things down. He walks to the fridge, grabbing a water bottle.

Shawn walks in alongside Gavin. They were both laughing at a joke that was made.

Shawn smiles at him, "Hey, baby. How was school?"

Jaxon turns around and smiles. "It was good! Claudia really liked my new designs."

"Ah, good job, princess." Shawn walks over to kiss him. "I knew you could do it."

Jaxon nods. "Uh...How was work?"

"Same old. But I took tomorrow so I can go to the tattoo parlor. Gonna start my apprenticing. I could get my license in about a year or so?"

Jaxon's eyes widen and smiles. "That's awesome, babe. Proud of you."

Shawn smiles back, leaning in to kiss him again. "Wanna go out tonight? As a celebratory dinner for the two of us?"

Jaxon blushes and looks down. "Oh...that's not necessary-."

Shawn grabs Jaxon's hands, nodding his head. "Uhm yes, it is. Remember the whole 'This could be huge for me' speech you gave me this morning. I'm proud of you, cutie."

Jaxon nods his head. "Okay, sure. I'm gonna go use the restroom. Is this dress-up dinner or not?"

Shawn shrugs. "Whatever you want."

"Okay. I'll be in the room." Jaxon pulls his hands back from Shawn's, walking to the bathroom.

Jaxon locks the door behind himself, putting his hands up to his eyes. He takes a shaky breath before turning to the sink, splashing his eyes with water a few times.

Shawn knocks on the door. "Babe? You okay?"

Jaxon turns the sink off and nods. "Yeah! Can I take a quick shower?"

"Sure, baby. We won't leave for a few hours, you're okay. Want me to join?"

"O-Only if you want?"

"Yeah. Unless you want me to go out with you smelling like greasy fries."

Jaxon chuckles and wipes his eyes one last time, checking himself in the mirror before unlocking the door. He opens the door and looks up at Shawn, a smile on his face.

**
Shawn bounces his legs up and down, licking his lips. He sets his fork down and shakes his head. "You not hungry?"

Jaxon looks up from his plate. "I ate a lot at lunch...Sorry."

Shawn nods his head. "Mhm...Is that it, baby? You seem kind of off."

Jaxon sits up and smiles. "No, I'm okay. I'm sorry. Can we maybe get out of here? Go get some ice cream or something?"

"Of course." Shawn grabs his wallet, grabbing a twenty-dollar bill, setting it down on the table. "Come on."

*
Jaxon was sitting in the car, waiting for Shawn as he was inside the gas station to pay for the gas.

He was trying to get out of his sour mood so that Shawn wouldn't pressure him to talk.

Shawn gets back in the car, turning it off. He then leaves again to fill up the car.

Jaxon watches as he gets back into the car, buckling his seatbelt. "Alright. What kinda ice cream are you feeling? You want something quick and easy so we can go home or?"

Jaxon smiles. "Mhm. I want one of those milkshakes you got the other day."

Shawn looks over at him. "I offered you one when we went to go get it."

"Okay...But you know how I am. I like to test yours before I decide if I like it or not.

Shawn lets out a laugh and rolls his eyes. "Oh, yeah. That's right. Nothing is ever mine in this relationship."

"Nope. And it's gonna stay that way. You're stuck with me forever."

"Oh damn. You're not even gonna propose first?"

"Mm, no I consider myself already married...The proposal happened in my sleep or something, can't really remember."

**
Jaxon walks into the house first, taking a sip from his milkshake. He sees Chantel sitting at the island, while Gavin was grabbing plates as the two had ordered in.

Shawn closes the front door. "Sup."

Gavin turns around and smiles. "What's up? How was the date? Food good? Sex?"

Jaxon giggles and takes a seat next to Chantel. "Mm, no sex. Food was alright."

Shawn walks into the kitchen, peeking into the bag of food they'd bought. "What's this?"

"Vegetables. Comes with the meal."

Shawn grabs it out of the bag, opening it and sticking his hand down into it, shoving a handful of them into his mouth.

Chantel turns to Jaxon, smiling. "How're you doing, honey?"

Jaxon smiles and shrugs. "What do you mean? I'm fine."

"Are you sure? With-."

"I said I'm fine," Jaxon shakes his head and stands up. "I don't know why you're asking that."

Gavin and Shawn look over at the two. Jaxon looks over to them and shakes his head. "I'll be in the room."

Shawn watches as Jaxon leaves the kitchen, sighing. He turns to Gavin, lowering his voice. "Somethings wrong with him."

"Meaning what?"

Shawn shrugs his shoulders. "He's acting weird. Imma go check on him."

Gavin nods, patting him in his back a few times. "Got it."

**