Fifty Nine

Chantel was walking to class. She had her phone tucked in her back pocket after she had got off the phone with Gavin. She looks over and sees Jaxon sitting at one of the tables, a textbook and notebook open and he was writing.

She sighs and walks over. "Hey, Jax."

Jaxon looks up at Chantel, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "Oh, hi."

Chantel bites her lip, nervously and sits down. "You didn't respond to any of my texts. I just wanted to apologize. What I said was insensitive and-."

Jaxon nods his head and closes his textbooks. "It's fine." He stacks his notebook on top of his textbook. "I have to get to class."

Chantel shrugs her shoulders and turns her head. "Are you still mad at me?"

Jaxon shakes his head. "No, I just need to get to class."

***

Chantel leans her head back and frowns. "What do I do, babe?"

"Give him time, Chante. I don't think you can expect him to be okay right after you say shit like that, you know?" Gavin places his hand on Chantel's thigh, squeezing it once.

"I-I know but...I apologized and I just didn't mean it in such a mean way, you know? I was just trying to say that I wish things were different for him, you know?"

"I understand but I'm not him or Shawn. I'm not in that community so I'm not allowed to say whether if not he should accept your apology right now. I'm certain he will but just give him time. That kid goes through so much."

Chantel looks down at her thighs and nods. "I know...I know."

Gavin smiles and grabs her face with his hand, lifting it. "Hey...It's okay, beautiful."

Chantel smiles back at him. "I hope so. . .I feel really bad."

Gavin nods his head and leans in to kiss Chantel. "Like I said. Give him time. Everything is gonna be okay, alright."

***

Shawn walks back into the apartment after his shift at work. He slides his shoes off, leaving them by the front door. He throws his keys down on the counter before letting out a huge sigh. He goes into the fridge, hoping to grab a beer but notices they're out.

He curses out loud and slams the fridge shut, grabbing his phone from his front pocket to text Gavin to grab a case before he got home. He then leaves Jaxon a message, though he has another hour and a half left of school.

Shawn then walks to his bedroom to change out of his work clothes.

Jaxon arrives home alongside Kailani almost two hours later. Jaxon chuckles and unlocks the front door. "No. Neither of them have spoken to me lately. I hope they finally realized that it was pointless."

Kai rolls her eyes. "I don't understand that. I wonder if they gain some time of satisfaction or like...gratification."

Jaxon shrugs, "Not sure. Hope they fulfilled whatever fucked up fantasy they had." Jaxon opens the front door, noticing Shawn's shoes. He leans down and grabs them before letting Kai in.

"Shawn's?"

Jaxon smiles and nods. "Mhm. He never takes his shoes off in the bedroom. He says he doesn't like walking around the house in shoes."

Kai sarcastically rolls her eyes. "He can't pick them up?"

Jaxon smiles and shrugs his shoulders. Kai makes her way into the kitchen to make herself an afternoon snack before her workout. Jaxon walks down the hallway into his and Shawn's shared bedroom.

He peeks his head inside the room, smiling at the sight of Shawn sleeping. He fully opens the door and walks in, setting his and Shawn's shoes down on their shoe rack.

He throws his backpack down and climbs on the bed, leaning down and placing a kiss on the back of Shawn's neck. "Good morning."

Shawn lets out a deep breath before turning over to face Jaxon. Jaxon watches his face as he wakes up, smiling at him. "Hi."

Shawn squints his eyes and nods once. "Mm. Hey."

"Can I join?"

Shawn opens his arms towards Jaxon, allowing him to lay down. "How was school?" Shawn licks his lips and uses one of his hands to rub his eyes aggressively.

"It was okay. I need to call Chantel, though."

Shawn peaks one of his eyes open for a split second. "Why? What happened?"

"I was being kind of bitchy. Just like...Walked away from her mid-conversation. I don't know...I felt really bad right after it happened and then didn't go to lunch with her at Kirst."

Shawn nods. "She apologized?"

"Mhm. I just didn't stick around to hear her out I guess."

"Why not?"

"Just been in a funk I guess. I think I'm just like mentally exhausted. Thought I would feel better if everyone just left me alone."

Shawn finally opens both of his eyes and looks down at Jaxon. His nose was a light pink and his eyes looked glossy. "Princess?"

Jaxon looks up at Shawn and smiles. "I'm okay," He wipes his tears, "I'm just ready to be myself again, you know?"

Shawn nods and leans down to place a chaste kiss on his lips. "You're so strong, baby. You got this, I know you do. Come here." Shawn cuddles him closer, placing a few kisses on his forehead.

Jaxon smiles at him before pulling away. "Thank you. How was work?"

"Worky." Shawn lays his head back down. "I spent half the morning practicing tattooing with Maverick then straight to the diner. Fuckin' exhausted."

"Aw. Want me to rub your back and sing you a song?"

Shawn chuckles. "Depends on what song you plan on singing."

"How about...'Neighbors Know My Name' by Trey Songz?"

This causes both boys to laugh. Shawn nods his head and turns to Jaxon. "Yeah. That one is perfect, good choice."

**

Jaxon let Shawn go back to sleep after they had talked for a few more minutes. Within five minutes, Shawn was laid back and snoring.

Jaxon quietly gets up from the bed and changes into some clean clothes. He then grabs his phone and sends Chantel a text.

-hey. can we talk ??

**