Nine

"Yeah. Yeah, Okay...I don't know dad, I don't even live in the state. Maybe when I come back but you put yourself in that place. If you wouldn't have shot me, then maybe you wouldn't be there. I have to go."

Shawn hangs up the phone, throwing it down in the bed. Jaxon lifts his head from the pillow, groaning. "Ow."

Shawn looks back and frowns. "Sorry. I didn't mean to hit you."

Jaxon sits up and yawns. "Why'd you throw your phone? Are you okay?"

Shawn nods, "It's just my dad."

Jaxon nods and throws the comforter off his body, crawling over the bed to sit next to Shawn. Shawn smiles, throwing his arm around his shoulder. "What'd he say?"

"Same old shit. I don't wanna talk-."

Jaxon gets off the bed and lifts up Shawn's shirt. Shawn looks up and tips his head to the side, hesitating before speaking. "W-what are you doing? Do you wanna-?"

Jaxon shakes his head, running his finger along the scar on Shawn's lower abdomen. Shawn looks down, following Jaxon's finger.

Shawn looks back up. "Princess?"

Jaxon shakes his head, letting Shawn's shirt fall back into place. "I just...I..Every time you speak of him I just start feeling...I don't know."

Shawn smiles and nods. "I get it, baby boy. I'm okay. We're okay. I'm safe."

Jaxon nods. "Safe."

**
The following days, Gavin and Mia had finally started forgiving each other and getting a little better, though Aaliyah was still in the picture.

Jaxon rolls his eyes as he sets the butter back into the fridge. Shawn looks over, setting a plate in the dishwasher. "What, baby?"

"Nothing. I just don't get why I'm no longer an interest in their lives. They even took Kai with them."

Shawn frowns and closes the dishwasher. "You wanna go out with me, then? We could...Take you shopping? Get your nails done? What do you wanna do?"

Jaxon shrugs and grabs the spray from the cabinet under the sink. He grabs a paper towel and sprays the countertop, wiping it down.

"I don't know."

Shawn frowns and clicks the start button on the dishwasher. "Come on. Let's go shower and then go out. Come on, pretty face."

Jaxon smiles and throws away the paper towel, walking over to Shawn.

**
Shawn swings his and Jaxon's arms, between the two. "Wanna go in there?"

Jaxon looks up at the big red H&M sign and shakes his head. "No."

Shawn stops the two and turns Jaxon. "Babe. We've been walking around for almost two hours and you've only gone into one store and you bought a candle. A single candle."

Jaxon shrugs. "Guess I'm not really in the mood."

Shawn guides the two over to sit down on a bench outside. "Talk to me? Please?"

"It's just...We've only been out here for a few weeks and...I don't know, how has drama already started?"

"I don't know, babe. We're still teenagers basically."

Jaxon rolls his eyes. "Whatever. It's just annoying. I know...I'm singled out a lot because they're girls or whatever but...Mia always includes me and she's being...Distant."

"Then talk to her, baby boy. Ask her, whenever Aaliyah ain't around. Have a normal conversation with her."

Jaxon nods and grabs Shawn's hand, playing with the ring around his finer. "Okay."