Twenty Two

Shawn gets up off the bed, looking at Jaxon. "I'll be right back." Shawn grabs his boxers off the ground, sliding them on, and exiting the bedroom.

He walks across the hall to Gavin and Mia's room, knocking on the door twice. "Yo? It's two in the fucking morning."

Gavin throws the door open, holding a blanket in his hands. "What, Shawn?"

"Yo, you two are being so fucking loud. I gotta go to work and Jaxon has school, and so does just about everyone one in this goddamn house so lower your fucking voices."

AJ appears in the hallway, rubbing his eyes. "Guys? What's going on?"

Gavin shakes his head. "Nothing. Everything's fine. Sorry...Sorry everyone go back to sleep."

Shawn shakes his head and rolls his eyes. "Fuck." Gavin shuts his bedroom, door, walking towards to kitchen and living room.

"Where you going, man?"

"Sleeping on the couch."

**
The next time Jaxon was awoken, it was now six-thirty in the morning. Mia and Gavin were arguing in the kitchen.

Jaxon groans and lifts his head from his pillow. He looks over at Shawn, who had his head under his pillow. He shakes his head and grabs his phone to check the time.

He rolls his eyes and leans back against the headboard to try and wake himself up. He didn't have classes until ten today and was hoping to be able to sleep in.

He lets out a yawn and rubs his eyes before getting out of bed. He throws on some clothes and walks out of his bedroom.

He peaks around the corner to look in the direction of the kitchen, now being able to clearly hear the argument.

Gavin shakes his head. "You're never fucking here, Mia! Do you realize that? Never here!"

Mia rolls her eyes, setting a plate down forcefully. "You chose to fucking work, Gavin! How is that my fault?"

"What are you talking about!? We get home like thirty minutes after you get out of school!"

"...So, what? I'm suppose to sit around and wait for you to get home? I'm not allowed to have fucking friends?"

"I didn't say that but it's been every single day, Mia! Do you know what a relationship is cause it seems very one-sided lately."

Mia scoffs and turns around, laughing. "I can't believe you're being jealous over me having friends. Are you seriously that insecure?"

"No, but it's kind of fucking insulting that whenever I come home I don't even see you. When Jaxon is here to greet Shawn after work, or Kai and AJ are riding together back from school."

"It's not my fucking fault that Jaxon can't make friends!? Just because he comes straight home doesn't mean anything! Tough luck!"

Jaxon furrows his eyebrows.

"Whatever, Mia. All I'm saying is it'd be really great to spend time with you, but you obviously have more important things going on."

"Yeah, well, maybe if you put forth the effort. I don't know, you could ask me, make plans. Instead of just fucking expecting me to know what you want."

Gavin scoffs at that. "Seriously? You wanna go there? Remember that date I planned out. I was so excited and bought you fucking gifts and you blew them off? Huh? Remember that? Don't fucking try that shit, Mia."

Jaxon lets out a sigh and walks back to his bedroom, getting in bed. Shawn moves the pillow from his head. "They've been like that all morning. Since fucking five."

Jaxon shakes his head. "You've been awake the whole night?"

Shawn nods and sits up a little. "Not all night. I sat with Gavin for a while to comfort but he wasn't really in the mood."

"They're doing what they did in high-school again. Where they argue over every little thing."

"Yeah."

"I thought they were doing better-...Should we go stop them? From arguing, I mean? Neither of them is getting their point across."

"Nope. Not our argument."

"But-."

"No, princess. We'll end up making the argument worse. Lets just, wait till they stop, then I'll talk to Gav, you talk to Mia, alright?"

Jaxon nods his head and lays back down, sighing. Shawn smiles at him. "Come here. Lay down with me."

**
Jaxon sits down at the island, yawning loudly. He pushes his glasses back up his face, watching Shawn make him some coffee. "I'm sorry you're tired, babe."

Jaxon shakes his head. "It's fine. I only have three classes today."

"I know, but...Still. You wanna get lunch together today?"

"Mm. What time is your break? Don't you work two shifts today?"

"Fuck. Yeah...Sorry, I forgot."

"It's okay. I can get lunch with my friends."

Kai walks out of her bedroom, putting her curly hair up into a puff. She lets out a yawn, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge. "So? How much sleep do you guys get last night?"

Jaxon laughs. "Hm. Not even sure. Hey, Kai, could you drop me off at school today? Shawn needs the car for work."

"Sure."

"Thank you."

Shawn frowns and sits down next to Jaxon. "I think I'll be able to see you before my second shift. What time do you get off today?"

"Uhm...Like two, I think. Chantel has to run errands after school so she can drop me back off because Kai and AJ go to the gym afterward."

"Okay...Okay, good. This will all work out."

Jaxon smiles at Shawn and grabs him from under his chin, kissing him once. "Well...I gotta go get ready."

**
Shawn walks outside, seeing Gavin sitting on the porch step. Everyone has left for school already.

Gavin has a cigarette in his hands. Shawn sits down next to him, looking down at his hands. "You're not gonna light that, right?"

Gavin looks over at him and shrugs. "Why not?"

Shawn shrugs his shoulders. "Not worth it. I could roll you a blunt but cigarettes is a no."

Gavin looks down at the cigarette, throwing it down on the ground. "Yeah. You're right."

Shawn lets out a sigh. "So...What's going on, man? With you and Mia? You guys have been really tense lately."

Gavin looks up at Shawn. "Can I tell you something. As a best friend? I know everyone in this house is all friends but I'm telling you this."

"Sure, man. You know that. Stop being weird."

Gavin nods and shrugs his shoulders. "I...I think...I'm falling out of love with her."

Shawn looks at Gavin who seemed to have started tearing up.

"I've been trying my best because...I've been in love with her for so long, even when we broke up that one time but...I just don't feel the same way I used to. And I've been trying to make myself fall back in love by buying her gifts, and taking her out to dinner and just...Talking to her like old times."

Gavin shakes his head and wipes his tears. "I don't know. I'm trying so hard because I don't wanna be like my father, you know? He left my mom and me with no reason and I never wanna be like that."

Shawn throws his arm around Gavin. "Fuck, man."

**