Forty One

a/n: sorry for the lack of uploads i've been with family. i hope you guys had a good holiday!! longer chapter to make up for my absence!!!

**

Jaxon smiles as he sees Chantel waving bye to Gavin. They'd met up for breakfast and then Gavin followed her to school to say goodbye.

Chantel pulls away from the hug, smiling. "I'll text you."

Gavin nods smiling, "I might answer." He playfully shrugs his shoulders as he walks off.

Jaxon watches as she skips over to him and Kirstin. "Hey, guys. What's up?"

Kirstin shakes her head. "Nothing! Just giving you and Gavin hella heart eyes."

Chantel blushes and rolls her eyes. "Oh, whatever."

Jaxon scoffs. "Uhm, not whatever. You guys are so cute, are you kidding me."

"We're not...together yet, guys."

Kirstin nods. "Mhm, yet!"

Mia walks by the trio, her head down. She looks back to when she sees Aaliyah sitting at the coffee table. "D-Did you see Gavin? He was with Chantel."

Aaliyah looks up. "Huh? Who's Chantel?"

Mia turns around and points to their group. "The mixed girl. I saw them hugging."

"Ew. Are you sure?"

"I-I don't know."

**
Jaxon giggles as he was listening to Shawn speak on the phone. "Wait—-Slow down, what happened?"

"She dropped the entire tray of dishes on me. I understand it being your first day but I was covered in mushy fucking potatoes and-."

"Jaxon! Jaxon, hey!"

Jaxon looks up and sees Mia walking over, Aaliyah trailing behind her. Jaxon rolls his eyes, whispering. "It's Mia."

Shawn groans. "Oh god. Now what?"

"I need to ask you a question."

Jaxon eyes her up and down and shrugs. "Okay? What?"

Mia looks back at Aaliyah, her giving her the nod of approval. Mia turns back around. "W-was Gavin here this morning?"

"Uh, I'm pretty sure he was-."

"Why-."

"He took Chantel to breakfast, but I'm not one hundred percent sure. Chantel, you met her, remember?"

Aaliyah rolls her eyes at Jaxon's tone, crossing her arms. "You think you're somebody now, huh?"

Jaxon scoffs. "Oh, but you think you're somebody cause you drugged me? News flash, you're just a bad person."

People walking look over at the three and begin whispering.

Aaliyah grabs Jaxon's arm. "Keep your voice down."

Jaxon pulls his arm away. "Don't touch me."

**
Gavin shakes his head as Jaxon was telling the story of today. He gets up from the table, running his fingers through his hair. "Fuck, Jax. I'm sorry, bro. I didn't know me trying to date again would cause you problems."

Jaxon frowns at him. "It's not your fault, Gavin. No one blames you."

Shawn takes a sip from his beer. "Can I please speak to her? Just me?"

"No, babe. You're gonna go overboard and hurt her, and then later feel bad that you hit a girl."

"I don't give a fuck, Jaxon. That's the last fucking straw-, actually, no...The last straw was when she drugged you...Or maybe even further back, homophobia is pretty bad."