Eighty Eight

time jump time/fast forward thing <3 please tell me if the structure of this chapter is good or bad. i'm trying something new but i want opinions!! love u guys (:

**
With things beginning to come into place the group was getting their things together as they go their separate ways.

During Thanksgiving, they had a small gathering together before they all returned home to their families. Jaxon and Shawn went to Jaxon's house for Thanksgiving dinner. His sisters and dad attended, alongside his girlfriend Mallory.

"So, you guys are getting married?" Kevin asks, taking a sip from his drink.

Jaxon clears his throat and nods. "I mean...Soon. But we're gonna wait a few years. Maybe until after I graduate college."

"Then what's the point of getting engaged now? And how will you know you guys will stay together that long?"

Shawn glances at Jaxon before speaking. "All due respect sir, we've been together for four years. And, I really do believe that I'm gonna marry your son."

Kevin chuckles softly. "Okay. Whatever you say."
-
Gavin's family waited a day later for their dinner so that Shawn could join them. He, Gavin's mom, and Gavin had a quiet evening together. He told Gavin's mom all about the engagement and their plans for a wedding in the future.

Kai and AJ's families had a combined family Thanksgiving. They discussed the explanation for the group splitting up after the school year was over.

The same thing happened during Christmas, the group splitting up to do their own thing. Shawn stayed close with Jaxon over the holidays due to his family situation.

**
Once everyone was finally back together after what felt like years, they begin getting settled back in but also preparing for the move.

AJ walks into the apartment, bags of groceries in his hands. Jaxon turns around and smiles at him. "We definitely should have emptied out the fridge before we all left."

AJ nods. "Yeah. It wasn't our best moment. So, how were the holidays? Was it nice to be around your family?"

Jaxon shrugs as he grabs a container from the fridge, throwing it into the trashcan. "Uh, it was okay. My dad showed up and it was beyond awkward."

"Your dad?" AJ raises his brows.

"Mhm. And his underage girlfriend too. He kept asking really invasive questions about Shawn and I's relationship and stuff."

"Oh god." AJ sets the bags of groceries down on the counter.

"What about you? How were the holidays for you and Kai?"

AJ shrugs. "It was really nice. We spent Thanksgiving with both our families. Then, at Christmas, we were just with our families. Had to explain to her dad why were moving out together."

"He didn't like that?"

"He was more okay with it when it was a big group. He gave me the 'Don't get her pregnant until marriage' talk."

"How awkward!" Jaxon smiles.

Shawn and Gavin walk into the kitchen. Shawn smiles and walks over to Jaxon, smacking him on the ass. "What's awkward."

"Ow! Move, we're in the middle of a conversation." Jaxon smiles. "We're talking about the holidays. AJ got the 'don't become a dad yet' talk."

Kai raises her brows as she walks into the kitchen. "Why would you tell everyone that!?"

Jaxon chuckles and closes the fridge. "Okay, AJ. You can finally put the new groceries in the fridge."

Shawn reaches into the grocery bags, grabbing a few grapes from the bag. "Oh, shit princess. I forgot to mention. Gav and I are going out...Like right now. New tattoo."

"What're you gonna get?" Jaxon crosses his arms.

"It's a secret." Shawn smiles. He leans down to kiss Jaxon twice. "Love ya, bye."

"Love you too." Jaxon watches as the two leave through the front door. He groans, "He better not be getting my name for the millionth time."

Kai sits down at the island, swinging her feet. "Hey, Jaxon? I had a quick question. Hope it's not like...Invasive."

"What's up?" Jaxon slightly tilts his head.

"So, Shawn usually refers to you as more...Feminine pet names and stuff right? Like princess and he oftentimes calls you wife."

"Uh, yeah. Why?"

"I was just wondering like...Do you prefer them more? Like, do you identify more with the feminine names?"

"Uhm...I don't know to be honest. I've kind of always identified with both, I think. It's weird. There's days where I appreciate more masculine names, but then days where I like feminine ones." Jaxon shrugs.

"That's cool. I've just always wondered. I hope that's not like...Rude."

"No, it's okay. I've told Shawn before that I may be like...Genderqueer, or fluid. But I haven't really thought about it much. I was way too wrapped up in figuring out my sexuality that it wasn't easy for me to think about."

"Are there days you feel like more than the other?" AJ pops in.

"I don't know how to explain it. It's not really a feeling...Kind of just a sense of being. I'm not too sure."

Kai smiles at him. "So you think you'll wear a dress for your wedding?"

Jaxon shrugs his shoulders and smiles. "I don't have an answer for that yet."

**