Seventy One

"A hospital? Fuck you, Shawn."

Shawn shakes his head and sits down on the bed next to his dad. "I'm not trying to be a dick but I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! Look at yourself!"

"You're not taking me to a hospital. I wanna be in my home."

"Mark, you're just gonna get fuckin' worse."

"Fuck off."

Shawn shakes his head again and stands up, turning to face Gavin. "I-... What the fuck am I supposed to do?"

Gavin walks over to the bed. "Listen. Tomorrow morning, we're taking your ass to a fucking hospital. We're gonna have some fucking nurse look after you and you're gonna deal with it? Mkay? Okay."

Gavin storms out of the room followed by Shawn.

**
Shawn groans as he wakes up in the morning due to his phone ringing loudly. He fell asleep on the couch after his dad argued with him for hours.

They'd finally decided on getting Mark a nurse to come to the house.

Shawn opens his eyes and yawns. He brings his hand out of the waistband of his sweats and reaches over to grab his phone off the coffee table.

"Hello?"

"Hi, baby. Good morning." Jaxon responded a lot more chipper than Shawn.

"Oh, hey." Shawn leans his head back down. "Morning, princess. How is your day so far."

"Considering it's only nine am, it's going pretty okay. Didn't sleep much last night." Jaxon pours himself a cup of coffee.

"Why not?"

Jaxon blushes and shrugs. "It's kind of embarrassing but...It's been kind of hard to sleep without you."

Shawn frowns, "Oh, I'm sorry, princess."

Jaxon smiles. "It's okay. How was your night? I don't wanna make this all about me."

Shawn shakes his head. "Uh, rough. Had to convince my dad to go to a hospital and it didn't work. We finally agreed on a nurse."

"That's good. How is he doing? Healthwise?"

"Uh...Not good. He seems very unhealthy and uncomfortable. I don't know what to do."

"I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. Going out to get some shit he needs. Then I gotta find some food he'll be able to stomach. You finna go to class?"

"Mhm. Trying to get my attendance back on track. Chantel and Kirst have been picking me up but I decided to be a strong girl and take myself."

Shawn smiles at that. "Good job, my love. I'll call you later, alright?"

"Okay. I love you. Please be safe."

"I will. I love you too."

**
The nurse arrived at the house around 12, which gave Shawn some time to leave the house and take a break from his dad.

Gavin walks back over to the table with a handful of napkins and ketchup packets. He tosses them on the table before taking a seat and sighing. "How you holding up?"

Shawn shrugs. "I'm fine, I guess."

"You sure? I heard you guys up until like...twelve, man."

"I know but...Hopefully, with the nurse, I'll be able to...Chill for a while. Wish his family would pick up, though. I really don't need this shit."

"Oh, here," Gavin grabs a thick envelope out of his backpack and hands it to Shawn.

He sits up in his seat, his eyes widening at the handful of cash. "Gavin?"