Eighty Five

Jaxon wakes up first in the morning, feeling his head pounding. He sits up in bed, rubbing both his eyes for a few seconds before letting out a long yawn.

He looks over to see Shawn laying next to him in bed, a pillow over his head. He reaches out to grab the blanket, staring at Shawn's bare back which was covered in scratches.

Jaxon softly laughs to himself before looking down at the ring around his finger. He smiles before getting out of bed.

He quickly takes a shower to hopefully cure this painful hangover. He gets dressed in one of Shawn's hoodies and a pair of boxers before walking out to the kitchen.

Kirstin was asleep on the couch next to Chantel. They had ended up staying the night after drinking a little.

Gavin was in the kitchen, scrolling on his phone while Kai and AJ were cooking breakfast. Gavin looks over and smiles. "Look who it is. Mister Jaxon Williams to be."

Jaxon smiles and rubs his eyes again. "Morning."

Kai smiles at him. "I'm surprised you're up so early. You and Shawn were super drunk last night."

"We're we?" Jaxon grabs a water bottle from the fridge.

Gavin nods. "Mhm. Downed a whole bottle of Henny and champagne. Then you guys talked your asses off like hours."

"Hours," AJ adds.

"Then...You guys went to your room and did whatever it is y'all do for another few hours."

Jaxon blushes. "Oh god. I'm so sorry. That's so embarrassing."

Kai shakes her head. "You're totally fine, babe. You were celebrating your engagement. Those two are just being cranky."

Jaxon nods. "Yeah.."

Shawn suddenly appears in the kitchen in a less chipper mood than everyone else. He grabs a mug from the cabinet to pour himself some coffee.

Gavin chuckles. "Damn, Williams. Get into a fight with a bear last night?"

Shawn turns around. "A twink, actually. I'm not into bears."

Gavin chuckles again and shakes his head. "No, seriously. How are you two awake at nine in the morning after being piss drunk for hours?"

"We're pros." Shawn takes a seat next to Gavin. "You should know this."

Jaxon grabs headache medicine from the cabinet, taking some. "He's the pro. I'm quite literally suffering." He walks over to Shawn to rest his head against his back.

Kai smiles. "Don't worry. We're making breakfast which is the perfect cure for a hangover."

**
The following day, everyone was officially back on schedule. Gavin and Shawn were back to work and everyone else was in school.

Jaxon takes a sip of his coffee as he was walking with Chantel to class. "Where are you guys thinking of going?"

"We'd only move about fifteen minutes away. We're gonna start apartment hunting during the summer."

"Same. I don't like dorms very much. I mean, I love Kirstin and she's a great roommate but it's just way too small. Especially with us two together."

"You gonna move in with Gavin?"

"Probably not yet. I don't think he's ready...I don't think I'm ready."

"Yeah, Shawn's worried about him. He hasn't said it, but I'm pretty sure he wants us to bring Gav with us. Those two haven't been apart much at all."

"Would you mind that?"

"Uh, I don't know. I am kind of ready for it to be just us, you know?"

"Yeah. I'm sure he'd take that into consideration—-."

"Jaxon!"

Jaxon and Chantel both look at each other at the sound of Aaliyah's voice. Jaxon closes his eyes for a split second before turning to look at her.

"Oh my god! Congrats on the engagement! That's so brave of you and Shawn!"

"Brave?"

"Yeah? Being out and open like that knowing what kind of world we live in? And to go all the way to get engaged? That's crazy!"

Jaxon nods. "Oh, by the way...How did you know we're engaged?"

"What do you mean? You posted it?"

"Yeah...but you're blocked. And so is Mia. Blocked by me...And Shawn-."

"And me." Chantel chimes in.

"Our entire friend group. Which means you either made a fake account and stalked me...Or used someone else's Instagram which is weird."

Aaliyah blushes and shakes her head. "I-.."

Jaxon raises his eyebrows. "Well, thanks for the congratulations. Now, if you don't mind, I need to go to class."

Aaliyah grabs Jaxon's arm. "Wait. Piece of advice? In case you...You know, gain that marriage wait just remember you know how to get rid of it."

Jaxon rolls his eyes and grabs Chantel's hand. Chantel frowns as Jaxon doesn't say a word as they walked to class.

"Jax? Are you okay?"

Jaxon just nods and smiles. "Mhm."

"Are you sure? What she said was out of pocket. I'm sorry she's so horrible."

"I'm okay. Promise."

**
Jaxon was sitting in bed after school, twisting his ring around his finger. He was sitting in complete silence.

Shawn walks into the room, groaning. "Remind me again why we have to work in order to live?" He plops down onto the bed next to Jaxon.

Jaxon smiles softly, putting his hands in Shawn's hair.

Shawm looks up at him, furrowing his brows at him. "What's wrong, baby boy?"

Jaxon smiles a little. Shawn somehow always knew when to use certain pet names.

"Nothing...Just, Aaliyah came up to me today."

Shawn sits up on the bed to fully face him. "What? Why? What did she say?"

"Being really passive about our engagement...Which I'm not too sure how she even found out. Then she made a comment...A-About my weight." Jaxon reaches out to grab one of the buttons on Shawn's shirt.

"What the fuck? What the fuck did she say?"

"That...If I gain like...Marriage weight that...I know how to lose it."

Shawn lets out a deep breath, trying to contain his anger. "I-...Baby boy, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I think so. I just...I dunno. I don't wanna pretend like I was completely okay but...I think I'm fine."

"I'm sorry she said that. You didn't deserve to hear that shit."

Jaxon smiles, scooting to sit next to Shawn. He leans his head on his shoulder. "I don't wanna think about her. I had a relatively great day and the best weekend of my life. And, I'm engaged to the best man on this planet."

"Arguably."

"You really are." Jaxon lifts his head before getting on Shawn's lap. He slides his hand on the underside of Shawn's jaw, leaning in to kiss him. "I love you."

Shawm smiles, setting his hands on Jaxon's lower back, pressing them together. "I love you, too." He leans in to kiss Jaxon back.

**