Seventy Seven

a/n: hey, so "always, forever" is currently on pause because I'm trying to work out some storylines and honestly don't have any motivation for it BUT, this story is close to ending and i was wondering if you guys would mind if i dropped the first two chapters to my new wlw story.

the first chapter is just a character description, like always, and the second is a small introduction of the first main character but i've been working on this since august and i'm really excited to start releasing chapters. i feel like you guys are gonna love it cause i do! anyways, enjoy this chapter. luv u guys !! :))

**
Kai was sitting on the couch next to Shawn. He was patiently waiting for Jaxon to finish getting ready so they could leave.

"How are you holding up?"

"Uh...I'm okay, I think. I think the first few days really like...Punched me in the face. But, I think I'm good now."

"I'm glad. I was starting to get worried. We all were."

Shawn smiles. "I appreciate it. I...I dunno, it was hard. But like I told Jaxon, it eas more the fact that he's gone, rather than the fact that it was my dad...You know?"

"I get it. That makes perfect sense."

Shawn sighs and leans back. "Yeah but," Shawn glances back at the staircase to make sure Jaxon wasn't there. "He kinda gave me the green light to propose to Jaxon, though?"

Kai furrows her brows and sits up. "Huh?"

"He told me I should do it. And to give him my mom's rings...I wasn't like, seeking his approval but, I don't know, it kind of make me start thinking about it."

"Ah! Seriously! When?"

"He's always wanted a private proposal. I was thinking sometime we get back. Before my birthday."

"Aw! Are you serious? I could literally cry."

"He deserves it. He's just...The sweetest ever and, I've never loved somebody like him. I like...Get afraid that I could lose him. All the time."

Kai frowns and grabs Shawn's hand. "You both deserve it. I'm excited for you."

"Sorry I took forever!" Jaxon appears on the staircase, walking down with a shirt in his hands. "My fucking legs look so stupid and I wanted to change but couldn't find any."

Shawn chuckles. "You're fine, baby."

Jaxon sighs and walks into the living room, sliding his shirt over a body. "Can I wear your hoodie?"

Shawn looks down at the hoodie he was holding. "The hoodie that I'm holding. The hoodie I brought down here so I could wear it."

Jaxon crosses his arms behind his back and shrugs. "You're not wearing it, though."

"Cause I was gonna put it on."

Jaxon squints his eyes. "But...You're not wearing it."

Shawn chuckles and stands up from the couch. "Here, spoiled brat."

**
Shawn was walking beside his aunt through the funeral home. The man was being extremely nice and for some reason, Shawn couldn't stand it.

The man points to a different casket. "This one here is-."

Shawn suddenly pulls his hand away from Jaxon. He clears his throat and backs up. "I'm sorry. I-I need to step out."

"Shawn?"

"I need to fucking step out."

The man quickly smiles and nods. "Of course. Take your time."

Jaxon glances at Shawn's aunt before following him outside. Jaxon shuts the door behind himself. "Babe?"

Shawn leans against the building and shakes his head. "I thought I could do this...I just can't-...I need to go home."

Jaxon frowns and grabs at Shawn's hands. "Okay, okay. Just let me tell your aunt, okay? I'll drive us home."

"I'm sorry."

Jaxon shakes his head. "Don't apologize. It's alright."

**
Gavin grabs a beer bottle and hands it to Shawn. "So, what happened? You just left?"

Shawn grabs the bottle from him and shrugs. "I'm not sure, honestly. We were just in there and...I just felt like I couldn't breathe."

"How're they gonna handle it then?"

"Jaxon dropped me off. Told me he'll handle it to the best of his ability. He'll be home in like an hour."

"That's good."

"Yeah, we're hoping to hold the funeral by tomorrow or the day after. I just wanna get this shit fuckin done."

Kai walks into Jaxon's house, holding two boxes of pizza. "Hey, guys. Are y'all hungry?"

Gavin smiles. "Thank god."

Shawn sighs and takes another sip of his beer. AJ shuts the door, taking a seat on the couch. "Hey, where's Jaxon?"

"Stayed with my aunt. I needed to come back. Everything just become a little too much, you know?"

"I'm sorry, man."

Shawn shakes his head. "It's good. I've luckily cooled off."

Gavin clears his throat. "So. Gearing off-topic since someone isn't here. Engagement? Seriously?"

"You all know good and well I have no plans to marry anyone but him. If we ever broke up I would be done with dating for the rest of my life."

AJ chuckles and grabs a slice of pizza out of the box. "You guys are still so young, though. Are you sure?"

"Honestly...Yeah. I'm like...one hundred percent. Like, I've already talked to Jaxon's mom, one hundred percent."

Kai smiles and sits up. "Oh my god! That's so cute."

Gavin raises his eyebrows. "Oh shit, you're serious, serious."

"We wouldn't get married until a few years...Til he finishes school but...We've all mentioned going separate ways next year, getting our own places so why not?"

Jaxon clears his throat as he walks in the door. "Why not what?"

Shawn smiles and stands up. "Hey, baby. How was it?"

Jaxon smiles as Shawn greets him. He kisses him once before pulling away. "Uh, here. Your aunt and uncles found a plot and they're currently setting up a time. Sometime tomorrow."

Shawn nods as he grabs the pamphlet. "What's this?"

"It's the like...The funeral package they picked? Basically, a pastor will say a few words, closed casket. Service should take almost an hour, I think."

Shawn nods as he opens the pamphlet. "Okay."

"Oh, they wanted to know if you wanna say anything at the funeral."

Shawn looks down at Jaxon and shrugs. "What would I even say?"

"It's up to you, baby. They aren't forcing but they were just asking. His mom, sister, and brother are gonna say a few words."

"Can I think about it?"

"Sure, but you're gonna have to decide before tomorrow, okay?"

"Alright."

Jaxon smiles and turns to the group. "So? What we're we talking about?"

**