Chapter 9

[A/N]: I love all of you. I do! Each and every person who reads this, I HEART. Because... well because you're just so nice! This could completely and utterly, as utterly as a cow, be a piece of poop, but you still tell me how much you love it! And you read it and you vote for it and just... THANK YOU. It honestly means a lot... Oh! And it's a snowday! So you know what? I think I'll update this story twice today. HOPEFULLY. I'm going to try, at least.

[Liam's P.O.V]

"I've got it!" Niall crowed, chucking the fork he held into the sink at the sound of someone trying to come in the front door. He had been helping me do the dishes.

"Make sure it's Louis before you just yank open the door and reveal yourself to whoever it is!" I called to Niall as I dried my hands off on a dishtowel.

As I walked into the living room, Niall was beaming happily and his tail was wagging as Louis and Harry walked in, and Louis was chuckling at Niall, "Why do you leave the door locked in the morning now? I enjoy being able to just walk in instead of standing out in the cold."

"Good morning, Louis," I sighed before I smiled at Harry. "Morning, Harry!"

Harry was wearing his usual brown beanie, a pair of Louis' sweats, the coat Louis had given him, and now this time he was wearing a cream colored scarf of Louis'. He was chewing nervously on his bottom lip, but he squeaked back a reply of, "M-morning."

"What's the matter, Harry?" Niall asked kindly.

Harry simply looked at his feet, scooting closer to Louis, so Louis responded for him, "Harry was hoping he'd get to stay at our flat. He say's he's too old to have to be watched. I've tried telling him he's not being watched, he's just staying here so he's not all alone back at the flat."

"You don't want to party here with us, Harold?" Niall demanded.

Harry shrugged, "It is too early to party..."

"It's never to early to party!" Niall objected.

"Well I need to be going if I don't want to be late for work," Louis sighed, turning to the curly boy. He gently removed the boy's beanie, taking it and stuffing it into the boy's coat pocket. "Have a good day, yeah?"

Harry shook his head as his ears flattened, throwing his arms around Louis to cling on to him, "Do not go... t-take Harry with you."

I heard Louis quietly murmur to the younger boy, "I promise... I will come back and get you as soon as I'm off work, Kitten. Alright?"

Harry nodded, his fingers loosening their hold they had on Louis' t-shirt. It was then that I understood. It wasn't that the Curly kid didn't want to be at Niall and I's flat, he was just afraid that Louis had changed his mind and was going to permanently leave him with us again.

"They fixed the plumbing, huh?" I asked.

"Probably not," Louis rolled his eyes. "But they didn't call or text and tell me not to go into work... so if I don't come back... tell everyone that I've drowned."

"What?" Harry gasped, his fingers once again clutching onto the fabric of Louis' shirt.

Louis' eyes flickered down to the younger boy, and he ruffled his curls gently, "It's a joke... There isn't enough water for me to drown. I'll be back to get you around 5 o'clock... unless I get off early again. Then I'll... well I'll just be back to get you, yeah?"

"You will be back?" Harry asked, clearly wanting Louis' assurance.

"I will be back," Louis repeated.