Chapter 22

[A/N]: I'M SORRRRYYYYYY. It's taken me much longer than it usually does to update cause like... I don't know, I guess cause school started back up. I can't really stay up late (although I did last night...) BUT tomorrow is Saturday! And I'm not doing anything tonight. So we're good! Let's get this chapter started!

[Louis' P.O.V]

As I pulled into the parking lot of the store, I released Harry's hand, "I'll come over to your side and get you."

"No water?" he asked nervously.

"No water," I told him, mumbling to myself as I climbed from the vehicle and into the drizzle. "Hopefully..."

I opened Harry's door carefully, trying to block the wind from blowing any rain into the car. He grinned up at me as I stood and tried to consider the best way to get Harry into the store without him getting rain in his face. I came to the conclusion that I'd have to take my coat off, but as I began to pull it from my shoulders, the beanie clad boy protested.

"W-what is Louis doing?" he squeaked. "I-it is cold!"

"I'm putting this over your head so that it'll help keep the rain out of your face," I told him, but froze in taking my coat off.

"N-no, Harry w-will not t-take Louis c-coat if Louis d-does not have one," Harry shook his head. "H-Harry has his o-own."

I felt my heart swell at the younger boy's kindness, and I leaned forward to kiss his forehead, "Let's just get you inside." I turned around so that my back was to the boy, "Can you press your face into the back of my coat Kitten? Then you'll just walk with me like that into the store."

Harry didn't respond. I simply felt hands tugging at my coat, and then a warm body was pressed behind me. Harry giggled, "Louis s-smells nice."

"You're silly," I laughed, leading him away from the door and pushing it closed as we walked slowly and carefully towards the doors. Luckily, I had parked somewhat towards the front of the parking lot, and we didn't have to far of a walk.

When we entered into the warm building through the automatic doors, I reached around me to pull Harry away from my back and to my side. He grinned excitedly at me and patted at his face before flinging his arms around me in a hug, "No water! Thank you!"

An older woman examining the magazine stand gave us an odd look and scurried away quickly. I glared at her retreating form before returning my attention back to Harry. I pulled him closer to my side and led him gently by some of the fabric of his coat, "Alright Harry... I'd prefer it if you stayed close to me here, alright? Don't talk to strangers just like at my... where I used to work."

Harry nodded his head happily as I led him to the carts. His brow burrowed as I pulled the cart away from the rest of the row, and he placed a hand on the cold metal, "W-why is th-there an open c-cage on wheels?"

My heart clenched painfully and I stuck out a hand to brush over the younger boy's back, "It's not a cage, love... it's called a grocery cart."

"Oh," Harry's face lightened up again, and I wrapped an arm around his shoulders for a quick hug.

"You can push the cart if you'd like," I told him.

Harry nodded enthusiastically, seizing the cart with both hands, "Louis h-has to tell H-Harry how."

"You just hold it from the front," I informed him. "The red plastic part is where you put your hands."

Harry scurried to where I stood and placed his hands on the cart, bouncing excitedly, "L-like this?"