Chapter 10

[A/N]: Another snow day tomorrow! So guess who's staying up and updating again? THIS GIRL.

[Louis' P.O.V]

Today was just not going well for me. Firstly, I'd been informed that I wasn't going to be paid for three days... which would actually be the second day that I wasn't getting paid. So five days total without my usual money. That was going to go over really well when it came time to pay rent and buy groceries for Harry and I. And Harry. The boy had wandered off on his own, and although I didn't show it, had scared the crap out of me. I'd feel kind of terrible if something happened to the helpless kid, because I certainly could have prevented it.

And now, the kitten boy, Liam, and I were standing in front of some strange, thug looking stranger named Zayn had just revealed that he had ears much like Harry's after informing me that he knew Harry was part cat.

Harry squeaked a little, "You... you are like H-Harry?"

"In a sense," Zayn shrugged.

"Alright then," I said slowly. "Since you're like Harry... then you'll keep his secret to yourself."

"No," Zayn rolled his eyes. "I'm going to tell everyone. Get your pitchforks and go find catboy. Oh, and by the way, come after me while you're at it. I'm part cat, too."

"Well..." Liam mumbled. "I'm just... going to go back to my flat now."

"We are too," I said, staring down Zayn and pulling Harry away.

"Nice seeing you," Zayn tugged out another cigarette and a lighter. He took the cigarette between his lips and held his hand up to block wind as he lit it.

Liam was already walking away quickly, probably wanting to get back to Niall and inform him about Zayn. Harry wasn't reacting to my gentle tugs, and was instead staring curiously at Zayn, "What is that?"

"Want one?" Zayn offered, reaching into his pocket as if he were fishing out another cigarette.

"No," I snapped. "He doesn't!"

Zayn lifted an eyebrow, "Calm yourself pretty boy. I'm out anyway."

I looked down in exasperation at Harry, "Do you know this guy well? Or can we go back to the flat now?"

"Harry d-does not know him, b-but he is like Harry..." Harry said thoughtfully. "Harry w-wants to keep talking to h-him."

Zayn blew out a puff of smoke slowly before once again putting out his cigarette against the wall and dropping it to the pavement, "I feel so wasteful these days... anyway... you want to keep talking to me? Why don't you come chill with me, then? Or better yet, come live with me! I'll make sure you have a normal life instead of making you a pet."

I felt myself pale, and Harry's eyes widened in surprise, "B-but... Harry likes living with L-Louis. H-Harry is not a p-pet."

"Harry is not a pet," I snarled through clenched teeth. "He's allowed to do whatever he wants, but I prevent him from doing things that could hurt him. It's not like I've got him on a leash or something."

Zayn lowered his thoughtful gaze from mine to look at Harry, "Is he telling the truth? Does he treat you fairly?"

Harry was instantly nodding, "Y-yes! L-Louis is very nice. He knows wh-what food is good to give Harry and he d-does not let dogs get H-Harry and he put's colors on Harry's h-hurt spots and get's soap out of Harry's e-eyes."

Zayn looked slightly confused, "...Colors on your hurt spots, hmm?"

Harry nodded and I nonchalantly motioned to his hand so Zayn would understand that Harry was talking about his band-aids. Harry scooted closer to me, "H-Harry thinks he will j-just stay living with Louis."