Chapter 44

[A/N]: :) Hello. I hope you enjoyed my little cliff hanger there. Let's get on with the story shall we? Hmm... I actually gonna post this before the light of day leaves me. Usually I post stuff at night cause I'm like part opossum or some shite like that. Bark bark motherfuckers.

[Louis' P.O.V]

It felt as if my heart had literally been ripped from my chest and smashed upon the ground like it was a simple glass plate. Victor had taken my Kitten, left me wondering what was happening to him while I was in a locked room, and then I'd heard Victor's gun go off. From then on, things seemed to be moving in slow motion. I froze in my actions of banging and tugging on the door, letting my hands fall limply to my sides.

I heard Dr. Shell murmur, "Holy shit..."

Zayn was the only one who was still moving, and he finished dragging the wooden chair over, gently pushing me out of the way, "Move, Louis!"

"My..." I croaked out. "My Harry?"

"Don't assume the worst!" Zayn demanded, raising the wooden tray above his head and bringing it down hard on the door handle. It gave a loud snap and the door handle fell onto the ground. Zayn grabbed at the leftover piece of door handle and yanked, huffing when the door wouldn't swing open.

I could feel my knees growing weak as silence filled the building and Zayn continued to pull at the door. My legs gave out and I slumped weakly onto the ground, my hands sliding to fist into my hair, but still all I could utter was, "M-my Harry... my Kitten..."

My brain was instantly replaying the short amount of time I'd spent with him; How he'd nearly hated me when I first found him, the first time he'd heard music, when we'd accidentally kissed for the first time. I thought about how eager he'd been to 'learn about' sex because Niall had told him it'd make me feel good. Apart from the boy's firsts, I thought about all times he'd cuddled against me while we watched Aristocats and how he thought I was the greatest person ever when I put 'colors on his hurt spots'. I remembered when I'd been upset over money issues and the boy instantly blamed himself, although it was far from his fault, and did everything he could to make me smile again. The boy had never wanted anything more than to please me. He'd wanted me always happy and safe, and if I was hurt he'd be even more upset about it than I was. He honestly loved me even though before he'd met me he probably had no idea what love was, and I myself had never felt a greater love for anyone than the love I felt for Harry. And to think that a love so bright could be snuffed out so easily was tearing me apart.

A strangled sob escaped my throat, and I pressed my face to my hands, feeling another sob racking my body. I heard Zayn bring the tray back down on the door again and he yelled out, "No Louis! Don't give up on him! He's going to be fine, I know he is!"

"Let me try," I heard Dr. Shell mumble, probably resuming Zayn's position at trying to get the door open.

"Harry!" Zayn bellowed. "Harry can you hear me? Say something!"

I silenced my sobs momentarily and lifted my head in hopes that I'd hear the Kitten boy's voice, but only the sound of Dr. Shell hitting the broken door handle met my ears. I wrapped my arms tightly around my torso to try and stop the pain from ripping through me, and I hunched over as I allowed the tears to flow free once more. My mind instantly ran over what I could have done differently to stop the boy from sacrificing himself, what I could have done the moment he'd given up and told me he loved me. And then it hit me. I hadn't said it back.

"Oh God," I wheezed, my head snapping up as my hands rose to tug at my hair in horror. "I d-didn't- I didn't tell him that I loved him! He told me he loved me and I told him no that he couldn't just give up! H-he can't be gone! He can't be gone thinking that I didn't love him!"