Chapter 6

[A/N]: For those of you wondering where Zayn is: Do not worry! He will join the story soon! I've got a special role for Zaynie! You'll see in time... now... not much else to say in this authors note xD I'll just get on with the story.

[Louis' P.O.V]

Niall and Harry had appeared to have come to good terms, but Harry quickly admitted to me once we'd returned back to our flat that the blonde boy now terrified him. I'd soothed him by explaining what a figure of speech meant, after of course I assured him that I wasn't going to starve like I had stated, and then we'd watched Aristcats upon his request. After a dinner of soup, he took a bath while I washed dishes, and then we went to bed, with him once again sneaking onto the bottom by my feet until I invited him up next to me.

Much to Harry's joy, he didn't have to go to Liam's the next day, because Rob called once again and informed me that they were still working on the pipe problem. As soon as I hung up with Rob, Harry sat up from where he was curled up on top of my comforter with his own blanket.

"Louis does not have to leave today?" he asked hopefully.

"Nope," I stretched, swinging my legs over the side of the bed and standing up. I shot Liam a text telling him I was off work again before turning to go brush my teeth and shower. "I'm staying home today."

"Harry is sta-staying home too?" he scrambled off the bed to follow me.

"Unless you have other plans," I teased.

I only managed to confuse the younger lad, "Other p-plans? Does Harry have o-other pla-plans?"

"Harry has to go watch the telly while Louis showers," I chuckled, walking into the bathroom. "You wanna brush your teeth first?"

"Yes!" Harry said, bounding into the bathroom and standing next to me at the sink as we scrubbed our teeth.

Once Harry had finished, I shooed him out of the bathroom and showered as fast as I could, figuring I'd attempt to make us both breakfast. When I emerged back from the bathroom dressed in a pair of black sweats and purple t-shirt that was a bit too clingy for my liking, I wandered into the living room expecting to see the kitty eared boy sitting on the sofa. Much to my surprise, I didn't even see him in the living room.

"Harry?" I called out, the slightest bubble of fear forming in my stomach as my mind reminded me off all the places the clueless kitten kid could get himself injured.

"Harry is not here," came a squeaky reply.

My brow furrowed and I walked in the direction that I'd heard his voice, peering behind the entertainment center. Harry had somehow managed to wedge himself between it and the wall. The space was impossibly small, and part of me wondered how he'd accomplished the task, "What are you doing back there, you silly boy?"

"Knock," Harry said in bewilderment. "At the do-door!"

The small bubble of fear reappeared, "Did you... answer it like that? Without your beanie?"

"No," he whimpered. "H-Harry hid."

"Good," I breathed in relief, holding out a hand to help Harry out from behind the entertainment center. "Good, Kitten."

"Wh-what would ha-happen if Harry had?" Harry took my hand in his, clinging close to me once I'd pulled him out from his hiding spot, his ears flattened and hidden under his curls.

"Well," I began, wondering what would exactly happen myself. "It depends on who was there. Someone silly could be afraid of you because they've never met somebody like you. Other people could think that you'd be perfect to run tests on to try and cure diseases."