Chapter 16

[A/N]: I love you guys xD Your comments always make me smile! OH! And look at my media picture there to the side! Look at that adorable picture that NarryLirry5 drew for me! Because it's so cute, I dedicated this chapter to her :D Yeeeep! Time to type some chapter now!

[Liam's P.O.V]

I was exhausted, considering I hadn't been able to sleep in my own bed since Niall wasn't there to hog most of it. But now I had my Nialler back, and I still couldn't sleep. I was too busy staring at the adorable boy who was sleeping across my lap. Aside from when he was sad, when he slept it was usually the only time when his pale yellow tail stayed still.

"Oh crap," Louis suddenly mumbled from next to me, and I glanced over at him to see he had gone pale.

"What's your problem?" I asked.

"I was supposed to work today..." he whispered in horror.

"Ooh..." I fought back a laugh. "You're in trouble."

"I need to call in and explain," he said, shifting a little and trying to figure out out to get into his pocket without waking Harry. The boy had once been nuzzled against his side, but since he had fallen asleep he had slumped over and was currently resting his head on Louis' lap. "I'm surprised that I haven't been called yet..."

Harry however, woke up anyway. He let out a small squeak, pulling his knees up and turning to press his face against Louis' torso, "H-Harry's wrist hurts."

Louis frowned, reaching for the boy's arm, "Sorry for waking you, Kitten. Let me see your wrist."

Harry held up his arm for Louis, "Will Louis p-put a color o-on it?"

"You still have quite a few 'colors' on your fingers," I laughed. Louis, however, was cradling Harry's wrist in his hands and staring at it with wide eyes.

"Look at his wrist, Liam," he said, moving his fingers a bit so I could look at the boy's wrist. It was definitely swollen, and had a bruised look to it.

"Ouch," I winced. "How'd that happen Harry?"

"H-Harry had h-his hand through th-the bars on h-his cage a-and then Dr. Shell y-yanked on the top of it t-to take the c-cage wall out," Harry explained sleepily.

"So like... a cage divider? He was removing a cage divider that you had your hand stuck through?" Louis gasped in disbelief.

"Y-yes," Harry replied, squirming to sit up so he could look at his wrist, too. "H-he did not like H-Harry and N-Niall holding h-hands but it m-made Harry feel safe. So h-he took out the di- the divi..."

"The divider..." Louis whispered, still staring in shock at the kitten boy's wrist.

"The divider," Harry repeated. "He took out th-the divider a-and put a-another divider i-in that Harry c-could not see N-Niall through."

"What do I do about this, Liam?" Louis asked me. "What if is wrist is broken? I can't take him to a doctor! He doesn't have any records..."

"I don't know..." I shook my head. "Niall hasn't ever broken anything before or been to the doctor. Just the dentist... but the dentist is a family friend and just does everything for free. His business is located in the basement of his house. It sounds sketchy, but it's actually a nice place."

"We're talking about wrist bones here Liam," he glared. "Not teeth."

"Just," I huffed, and kissed the top of a sleeping Niall's head before gently sliding out from underneath him to get to my feet. He stretched out across the couch, still asleep, and nearly kicked Harry. "Come with me Harry, we'll find you something to wrap your wrist. Louis, call your work and tell them you didn't come in because you had a family emergency. Tell them you're extremely sorry for not calling earlier."