Chapter 2

[A/N]: Alright... I was really happy with all the positive comments I got on the first chapter, so here goes chapter 2. It's in Liam's P.O.V. ... I think the only other P.O.V I could possibly switch to would be Harry's. Maybe not. But Liam's is necessary. You'll see why. So far I'm not hating myself for writing this... so I'll go on! LETS GOOO....

[Liam's P.O.V]

With a knock on the door at 7AM, I untangled myself from a sleeping Niall and groggily made my way to the door. Unlocking it, I opened it up to find Louis leading a pajama and beanie wearing Harry into my living room.

"Good morning to you too," I grumbled.

"We need to talk," he snapped, pointing at the couch for Harry to sit down before grabbing my wrist and dragging me into the hall. "I need you to take him."

"Louis," I sighed. "I already informed you that I can't until I'm sure that he and Niall will get along, and before he meets Niall, he's going to have to open up to us a bit more."

"Liam!" Louis seized me by my shoulders. "I have no idea what I'm doing! I don't know how to help him talk, I can't stop myself from making cat jokes... Liam, he's going to hate me. He may have used the access to my bathroom that I offered, and he may be wearing my pajamas, but he slept curled up in a tiny ball on my recliner. I can't keep him. Take. Him."

"It'll get easier, Lou," I promised, prying his hands off of my shoulders and patting his arm.

"Well you at least have to watch him during the day," he rubbed a hand over his face. "Or day's I have to work. He's so sheltered, he doesn't even know how to pour milk for himself."

"No, Lou," I shook my head sadly. "Niall was the same way. They weren't sheltered, they were mistreated."

"We don't know that," he pointed out. "Harry can't tell us anything, yet."

"I'll work on it, alright? But you're going to work on it, too," I crossed my arms firmly.

"Whatever," he threw his hands up in exasperation and marched back into the living room. I sighed and followed Louis, stopping in the door frame to watch Louis talk to Harry. The curly kid had removed his beanie, and his ears were poking up more visibly through his curls. He was curled up in the corner of the couch, shivering slightly. Louis seemed to notice the boy's shaking form, and he pulled off the white jumper he wore and dropped it into Harry's lap, "Like I said back at my flat while you ate breakfast, I'm going to work and you're going to stay here at Liam's. Remember him from last night? You liked him better than me, I promise. He's a lot more... understanding. Keep the jumper, you seem colder than me. It's too bad you don't have fur, hmm?"

The boy had seemed to be ignoring Louis, but he was apparently listening because he rolled his eyes at Louis' fur comment. I spoke up, "He had breakfast you said?"

"Yeah... he'll probably go back to sleep. Take a quick... ha... catnap," Louis wiggled his eyebrows at the boy and Harry swatted a hand at his hip in irritation.

"You're right Louis," I chuckled. "He is going to hate you."

Louis nodded, "I told you. Now... I need to leave. Bye Liam, bye Harry."

"Bye Lou," I called as Louis dashed out the door, not allowing it to shut completely. After walking over and shutting the door the rest of the way, I turned back to see Harry tugging on Louis' jumper and burrowing down into it slightly. I nonchalantly walked over and plopped down on the couch next to Harry, "So... I guess your first night with Louis wasn't too bad?"

Harry's green eyes flickered to me, and then he wedged himself further down between the arm of the couch and the back of the couch. I continued, "Future reference... Louis' couch is much more comfortable than his recliner."