Chapter 4

[A/N]: I feel kind of bad for using all the time I have to update on this story... but it needs some work! Cause it's new! I'll still update on my other story, but I only have about 5 more chapters to go in it! I'm almost scared to write it because even though when it ends... I don't have to work on it anymore... but when it ends... I don't have to work on it anymore? If that makes sense. It's gonna be bittersweet. ANYWAY I have LOTS more chapters to go in this story. Tis just begun! Let us goooo on! Still Louis' P.O.V.

I woke up earlier than my alarm when my phone rang. Sitting up groggily, I fumbled around at my bedside table until I felt the familiar feeling of my phone, and pulled it to my ear, "Hello?"

"Yes, Louis? It's Rob. You don't have to come into work today. A pipe burst so we have to get someone in to clean it up. Tomorrow we're back in business though. I'll see you then yes?" my manager Rob spoke in a business like manner. He didn't allow anytime for me to respond until the very end.

"Yes sir, I'll see you then. Good luck with the pipe. Goodbye sir," I replied back.

I hung up the phone and returned it back to my bedside table. I absolutely hated my manager. He was seemingly nice, but in all honesty, he was a selfish jerk who constantly seemed to try and make me fail. I sold electronics for him, and he always sent me the most snappy customers to see if I'd snap back, and if it appeared that I got the slightest bit irritated with them, he'd yell at me for it later. I was also always the one he would ask to work later than the rest, and I had no choice but to accept. If I didn't need the money, I would have already quit.

Deciding that there was no way I could go back to sleep, I threw back my covers, changed into a pair of gray sweatpants but left on the blue t-shirt I had, shrugged a red jumper on, put my phone in my pocket and wandered into the living room. Somehow, I'd managed to forget that I had a cat boy sleeping on my couch, and I let out a surprised yelp when he made a snuffling sound as I walked into the room. Once I'd remembered that I had taken Harry in, I chuckled at myself and moved to wake up the younger kid. I gently prodded at the sleeping mound that was laying slightly curled up across two of the couch cushions with his head resting on the arm rest.

He sat up abruptly, a tiny squeak escaping his lips, and I quickly sat down where his upper torso had been, "Good morning!"

Harry blinked sleepily before rubbing at his eyes. He didn't respond back, simply closed his eyes again, and hunched over slightly where he sat. Very slowly, he started leaning back towards me, and he finally slumped over onto my lap, fast asleep again. I laughed at his kittenish ways, not being able to stop myself from stroking his curls as if he were a cat. I ran my thumb gently over the back of his ear. It felt velvety and soft.

His ear twitched a bit, causing me to jump, "That ti-tick-tickles."

"I didn't think I'd ever want a kitten but you're fun! I like when you cuddle."

Harry sat up groggily and blushed as he rushed out, "Harry is sorry... and sleepy."

"No, no, it's fine.... From here on out, usually at this time we'll have to get up so that I can take you over to Liam's while I'm at work," I explained to the boy.

"Why... can't H-Harry just... stay... here?" Harry asked, taking his time to pronounce each word slowly.

"Because my landlord could come over or something and he'd see you, or something could happen... like a fire... and then you wouldn't know what to do and you could get hurt. It's... it's just better if you go to Liam's," I sighed.

"Harry does not like Liam's because that is where Niall is," Harry said firmly, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Well you don't have to go over there today so don't worry about it," I said, a bit more snappily then I meant to. Harry's green eyes flashed with hurt, so I softened my tone, "Today I get to stay home from work, so we can spend all day and get to know each other."