Chapter 32 (Mature, but the mature part is short)

[A/N] asdfghjkl;'. LISTEN I AM SORRY THAT I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN TWO DAYS! I HAD READER'S THEATER AND THEN YESTERDAY I SAW THE HOBBIT WITH LIVINGFORTHEWRITE04 AND PETER PAN! That is all. NO JUST KIDDING I WANT TO RUN A TEST... to see how many of you actually read these bolded authors notes xD It doesn't require much... but if you're one of the people who normally comments, just attach this > (poop), yes the word poop, to whatever you comment. Okay you can read now! :D

[Louis' P.O.V]

"This is Victor Wilde."

My blood ran cold. It had been nice at my mum's, aside from the fact that Liam kept trying to harass Harry to use good grammar. Harry would get to it on his own time, and he could take all the time he needed. Luckily, Liam gave the lessons a rest long enough for us to play LIFE. But then the game turned violent, and we were forced to clean up our mess, and that's when I'd gotten the call. The man who had tried to take my Kitten, now had my number.

"What- what do you want?" I croaked, snatching up my phone from where it was on the floor to flip it off speaker and press it to my ear.

Niall and Liam had frozen as well, staring at me with pale faces. Harry apologetically wormed his way under my arm and pressed his face into my chest as his fingers latched onto the fabric of my t-shirt. Phoebe was the only one who was unaware of what was happening, and she slowly put the last pieces of the game back into the box, closed the lid, and scurried from the room.

"The homeless man that climbed into my car was not Harry," Victor hissed. So a homeless man was the only thing that had kept me from losing my baby Kitten. I pushed the overwhelming panic that threatened to smother me down, and became sarcastic instead.

"Oh it wasn't?" I snapped. "My apologies."

"Do you want your money or not, Mr. Tomlinson?" he snarled.

"No!" my voice automatically became harsher. "I don't want any of your money! I'm hanging up now-"

"I'm going to get that hybrid, you know."

I hung up automatically, dropping the phone as if it had burned me. Liam looked at the phone on the floor and back up to my face, "I assume that went... swimmingly?"

"It didn't," I whispered, suddenly realizing that Harry was still clinging on to me and examining my face worriedly. "That man... Victor..."

Niall and Liam leaned closer, and Liam pressed, "What did he do?"

"Threatened-"

"To hurt you?" Liam gasped, and Harry's grip tightened on me.

"H-he will not hurt H-Harry's Louis!" Harry whimpered.

Liam appeared to be about to interject, but I wrapped my arms tightly around the younger boy and held a hand out to Liam, "If you correct him, I'm going to hurt you. And no. He didn't threaten to hurt me. Physically, anyway. Mentally and emotionally maybe. He said... he said he'd get my Kitten."

Harry nuzzled his face against my chest, "But Harry- ...but I am ri-right here! H-he cannot get Harry... me... if Harry is right here!"

" It would be, 'If I am right here'," Liam whispered, glancing at me as if I wouldn't noticed.

I kicked out at him, "Liam!"

"Sorry," Liam muttered. "So... how is he supposed to get Harry exactly? He doesn't know where we are."

"I don't know," I leaned my head against Harry's. "I don't want to talk about it. We're not gonna talk about it. We're just not gonna let it happen."