Chapter 38

[A/N]: Soooo, what'd you all think of the cliffhanger?! They're agonizing to read but SO MUCH FUN TO WRITE CAUSE I KNOW WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN :D But everytime I think of cliffhanger's I think of that old show Between The Lions... Ya know... Cliff Hanger. "CLIFF HANGER, HANGING FROM A CLIFF, AND THAT'S WHY HE'S CALLED CLIFF HANGER!" That poor man can't catch a break. Ah! And so the whole, "Bark Bark Motherfucker", ya know? It definitely came to be because I told my friends I was getting a tattoo on my forearm of a seal, and then next to it in fancy curly writing the words, "BARK BARK MOTHERFUCKER". Anywho... THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO FIFTYSHADESOFSTYLES and check out the pic she made me in the multimedia :D NOW. Onward!

[Liam's P.O.V]

I had just left my best friend. He'd needed my help, and I'd drove off without him. He'd told me to drive off without him, but I could've jumped out and helped, could've put up a fight against our attackers. They weren't even after Louis, more than likely, but after Harry instead. And Louis wanted nothing more than for Harry to be safe, so he'd sacrificed himself in order to protect the younger boy. Harry, was not taking it lightly at all. From the moment Louis had shut the door and I'd floored it, Harry was hysterical.

"No! N-no H-Harry's Louis g-go b-back t-they have H-Harry's Louis!" he shrieked. He was continuously trying to scramble across the seat and grab at the car door handle, but Zayn had a tight grip around the kitten eared boy, who's beanie had long fallen off his head because of his squirming. His ears weren't in danger of being seen, though of course, because they'd vanished into his curls.

"We can't, Harry," Zayn was trying to calm down the younger lad. "I'm sorry but we can't."

"B-but H-Harry's Louis!" he wailed. "H-Harry has to g-get t-to his Louis!"

"Niall can you-" Zayn began asking, but Niall was already nodding and crawling into the back to keep Harry from trying to crawl out of the car while it was still moving.

"G-get off of H-Harry!" the boy gurgled. "H-his Louis-"

"Is gone, Harry!" Niall said forlornly, trying to make the boy understand. "We don't know where he is but-"

"No!" Harry let out a heart wrenching sob, slumping limply in Zayn's restricting grasp. Zayn released the boy in surprise, and he crumpled into the small floorboard of the car, sobbing and mumbling Louis' name. I took my eyes off of the road momentarily to twist around and look in sorrow down at Harry. He was burrowing into the coat Louis had given him as if he were trying to hide himself in it. I twisted back around, my own tears threatening at my eyes.

"I shouldn't have left him," I mumbled. "I'm a horrible person, I shouldn't have done it, I could have-"

"Stop, Li-" Niall leaned forward to place a hand on my arm. "There wasn't anything we could do... but we'll find him."

"I could've gotten out to help, I could've-" I began listing, wiping away a tear that had managed to escape.

"Did you see the size of those guys?" Zayn whispered. "They were massive. It'd take three of us just to take down one. And while three of us were trying to take down one, the other big guy would have two people, more than likely the most helpless... Harry and Niall, no offense Niall... into the car and the bad guys speeding off in no time flat, taking their captives with them. They'd leave behind that one big guy, no doubt."

"Just like we left Louis..." I groaned, and Harry, who was still sobbing, wailed in response.

"Louis didn't want them taking Harry..." Niall began in realization. "He made sure that Harry got away safely even though it meant he couldn't..."