Chapter 20

[A/N]: I love you all. I love you, I love you, you I love, I love you. Half of you probably don't even read these authors notes BUT I LOVE YOU ALIRGHT?! I have 3000 votes, and 400 fans. WHICH IS JUST YMAHDIFsdjlfhjlslfksfk! Like... I don't even have words for it! It just... it kind of makes me want to never stop writing for you all for the rest of my life because even though I'm not the best you all make me feel like the greatest...ish... xD ANYWAY... I'll stop rambling now and give you a chapter, but just... thank you.

[Louis' P.O.V]

The first thing I woke to the next morning was a cold bag of dethawed peas underneath my side. I squirmed away from them and sat up to look at the pea bag owner. Harry was still fast asleep, his hurt arm cradled to his chest and his curls splayed out all around him. As I stared down fondly at him, one of his ears twitched. He had been cuddled up to me, which was probably how my side became in possession of the frozen vegetables. As I examined his wrapped wrist, I remembered what I had to do.  I wiggled away from the sleeping curly boy, grabbed my phone, and dashed off to the living room to call Zayn. I needed a way to check the younger boy's wrist, and even though Zayn would probably have to use an x-ray meant for animals, he still had access to an x-ray machine.

Zayn answered his phone at what seemed like the last possible second, when I was certain it was about to cut to voicemail, "I don't have much time for this..."

"Zayn!" I said quickly. "It's Louis-"

Zayn chuckled, "I have caller I.D you know..."

"Yet you still greeted me like that? Harsh," I said offendedly. "But anyway... I kind of need your help again."

"You're not tied up on the floor with Liam, are you?" Zayn sighed.

"No," I assured quickly, a chuckle escaping. "No, I need your help with Harry..."

"Has he decided that humans are losers and that he wants to live with someone who is much cooler and a lot like him?"

"Stop guessing!" I demanded. "You're a horrid guesser!"

"Well I guess you don't need my help too badly then, do you?" Zayn snapped back.

"No I do!" I said quickly. "I do..."

Zayn sighed, "Louis it's 8:30AM! I have to go to work soon!"

"The veterinary clinic, right?" I questioned.

"Yeah."

"Where at?" I pressed.

"It's across the street from that bank that closed down on-"

"Alright I know where that is!" I said, preparing to explain. "Harry's hurt  his wrist, and well... he's not like you, he doesn't have a birth certificate so he won't have any records and the doctors will... I just can't take him to a real doctor, you know?"

"He's a person Louis..." Zayn said slowly. "I don't know what you're thinking, but he can't go to an animal doctor."

"I know he's a person!" I snapped. "He looks just like a person except he's got the extra set of ears... cat ears... on top of his head. Uh, speaking of ears, do Harry's human ears-"

"Work?" Zayn chuckled. "Probably not. Mine don't. My ears don't even have an ear canal really. There's just skin there."

"That's so weird..." I mumbled. "I wonder if Niall's are like that, too. I never even-"

"I'm sure no hybrid's human ears work," Zayn huffed. "Now tell me why you want to bring Harry to the veterinary clinic?"

"Could we illegally use your x-ray?" I rushed out.