Chapter 31

[A/N]: Myaaaaah. Very rarely will I post a chapter on Tuesday's or Thursday's. I have Readers Theater practices on those days, so I don't have much time to update. Yeesssiiirreee. Hokay. Not much else to sASYWDEXFCX.SZA (courtesy of LivingfortheWrite04) ...say. Let's start.

[Liam's P.O.V]

Whilst Lottie was extremely grumpy when she was sick, Harry clung to Louis like Louis was some sort of lifeline. Louis wasn't exactly complaining, however. He was led Harry around the kitchen while he made the younger boy soup, even taking the time to feed it to him, and cuddled with the boy on the air mattress while we all watched the telly. I sat criss-cross applesauce on the couch bed, that Lottie was kind of hogging, with Niall resting his head in my lap, and examined Harry and Louis carefully. Because Harry was feeling a bit fuzzy from his fever, it was evident that Louis was trying to keep the younger lad from moving around too much, so I decided to use Harry stillness and quietness to my advantage.

"Harry," I began. "Do you want to learn some stuff?"

Harry seemed confused, "L-learn what?"

"Grammar stuff," I shrugged. "No big deal. We'll just start working on how you speak. So that you sound... well so that it's not obvious in the way that you speak that you're different."

Louis shot me a glare at this, "He's sick, Liam."

"He doesn't have to more around, he just has to repeat after me," I insisted.

Louis looked hesitant, but Harry nodded from his position across Louis' chest., "Okay..."

"Alright," I nodded. "So say: My name's Harry."

"My name... is Harry," Harry said groggily.

"Good!" I insisted. "Now say: I am Harry."

"I am Harry," Harry rubbed at his eyes.

"Liam, let him sleep!" Louis huffed.

"Calm yourself, Lou!" I laughed. "I'm beginning to think you don't ever want him to stop speaking in third person."

Louis rolled his eyes at me, "You're ridiculous."

I ignored Louis, turning my attention back to the kitten eared boy, "Now what's your name?"

"My... my name is H-Harry," Harry said slowly.

"Good!" I enthused. "What's my name?"

"Liam," Harry said, staring at me as if I were crazy.

"No, no," I shook my head. "Well yes, but say: Your name is Liam."

"But... I... I am Harry!" Harry's brow furrowed.

"Good!" I pointed at him. "That's good grammar! It's obvious you can do it if you think about in, and then get in the habit of doing so!"

Niall, who had been watching the telly, glanced up at me, "Is this the process you went through with me?"

"Um," I shook my head. "You just copied everything that I said for like... an entire day, and then you were pretty grammatically correct after that."

"Have Harry do that," Niall suggested.

"How about you two leave my Kitten alone," Louis growled.

"Think about this, Lou," I huffed. "If he is always talking in third person, then sometime someone is going to hear it, and they're going to be curious as to why he's like that."

"Because if I hear people who talk weird, my first instinct is to ask them why they speak the way they do," Louis drawled sarcastically.

"You can scoff at it, Lou, but what if they actually do that? Do you want Harry being taken away to be-"