Chapter 7

[A/N]: Ahhh a weekend! I can finally relax and spend as much time on the computer as I want. Now it's time to write some stoooory.

[Liam's P.O.V]

Not only did Louis look tired as he gently led Harry into my living room, but he looked mildly stressed as well. Harry seemed to know it too, and he was pressed to Louis' side as soon as he kicked off his shoes, gazing up at him in confusion, practically petting his arm as he clung a movie to his own chest with his free hand.. Louis gave him a forced smile as he sat Harry down on the couch and turned to me. The look he gave me clearly stated that he wanted me to follow him, and he turned and strode into the kitchen. I shot one last look at Harry, who now had Niall sitting next to him with a piece of paper full of shapes he had drawn.

As I entered the kitchen, Louis was already pacing back and forth. I raised my eyebrows, "Uh... Lou?"

"I feel absolutely horrible about it, but I'm leaving Harry with you," he blurted out instantly.

I processed his words for a moment, "But Louis..."

"No, Liam. He and Niall get along... he'll be happier here, I'm sure. He'll be over here half the time anyway while I'm working. Even if I kept him he'd be over here most of the time because I'd have to increase my work hours just to support him," Louis said persistently.

"Well," I sighed. "You don't seem like you feel horrible that you're practically abandoning him."

Louis rain a hand over his face, "You don't get it. I can't afford to keep him at my place, Liam. I'm not abandoning him."

"Are you sure, Louis? I mean... have you really thought this over? Harry's kind of growing attached to you..." I bit my lip.

Louis let his gaze drop to the floor, "I couldn't sleep at all last night. I sat at my kitchen table until like... three in the morning just thinking about it."

"Okay..." I muttered. "So you have put quite a lot of thought into it. Well.... alright then. Harry will stay with Niall and I now."

"About that... I haven't talked to him about this," he mumbled.

"You haven't-" I began in horror. "You should probably do that.... you know... like now."

"I was hoping you would do that?" he squeaked.

"No! I'm not going to be the one to crush the kid!" I shook my head. "This is all you."

"He can keep my coat and Aristocats, though," he begged. "And he'll still see me, so it's not like I'm just kicking him out of my life. Liam please, if I tell him then I'll just feel even worse!"

I examined the feathery haired lad, his eyes upset and pleading. He really did feel bad for not being able to keep Harry at his flat, and I realized that he was going through the exact same thing that I went through with Niall. The adoration that you can't help but develop for someone who is so adorable, for someone who actually relies on you and needs you. So I cracked, knowing that Louis really was doing this for Harry's benefit, "Alright... fine. I'll tell him... probably after you leave."

"I don't even have to work today," he groaned. "They're still trying to fix the stupid plumbing. Rob says it's no longer paid time, though. Have I told you how much I hate that man?"

"So you're just going to watch me tell Harry that he can't live with you anymore?" I said in disbelief.

"No!" he gasped. "I'm going to go sit and be alone back at my flat!"

"Louis..." I began, but he was already turning and marching from the kitchen.

I followed him into the living room, watching as he gave a small wave to Niall and Harry as he walked towards the door. Harry jumped to his feet, however, pushing Niall's shapes back at him.