Chapter 41

[A/N]: I've got the magic in me, every time I touch that track it turns into gold, now everybody knows I've got the magic in me, when I hit the floor the squirrel's come snappin at me, now everybody wants some presto magic. Meeer. CAN YOU GUESS WHAT SONG IS STUCK IN MY HEAD?! GO AWAY B.O.B. I DON'T WANT YOUR PRESENCE AT THE MOMENT. MEOW. I'm growing very insecure about the length of this story. Cause like... does it irritate you all that I haven't put much in each chapter? Cause... I WANNA KNOW WHAT I WANNA KNOW, AND WHAT I WANNA KNOW IS... if I would have put more in the chapters, the story probably would have ended by now and you'd have gotten to see what happened... would that have been better? Have I made a horrible life decision?! ANYWAY! This chapter is dedicated to MaddiWasHere CAUSE SHES AWESOME AND MENTIONED MY LION LION KING REFERENCE FROM MANY MOONS AGO.

[Liam's P.O.V]

"Something's gone wrong," I threw up my hands, pacing back and forth in front of Louis and Harry's couch. Niall was staring at me with a concerned look on his face, and I continued. "They should have called me by now. Zayn should have told me he was... wherever he was going. I should have made him tell me. Why hasn't he called yet?"

"Babe..." Niall said slowly. "You don't know that something's gone wrong... don't jump to conclusions just yet."

"Zayn won't answer my calls!" I groaned, and Niall reached out, grabbing me by the waist to pull me down onto his lap.

He snuck a quick kiss, and nuzzled his face against my shoulder, "I can help you take your mind off of it, if you'd like..."

"Niall," I warned, squirming away before things could be carried any further. "We need to keep trying to contact our friends."

Niall sighed, "Zayn is a tough person. I think he and Harry will be fine."

"Against two of those huge guys that took Louis?" I questioned, and Niall paled.

"Alright, so I see why you're worried..." Niall huffed. "This is probably a horrid time to say this, but now I'm really glad that you didn't go. You'd have left two frantic hybrids at the house."

"What if they haven't even found Louis?" I ignored him. "Oh God, what if Louis comes back and Harry isn't here? He'll kill me. No joke, I will die."

"Well hopefully they're fine," Niall murmured, nuzzling his face against my side. "I'm still glad that I've got you."

"Why wouldn't you?" I sighed.

"I dunno... what if they wanted me instead of Harry?" Niall asked. "Or what if they had managed to get you instead of Louis?"

I glanced down in surprise at Niall to find that he had his eyes clenched shut tightly. He was honestly worrying over something that I wouldn't let happen, and something that hadn't happened, "Nialler... none of that is going to happen, alright? They won't ever even know you exist, and they're not going to have a reason to want and use me as ransom. Alright?"

Niall pulled me closer, nodding weakly as he hid his face in my ribs. I turned around on his lap so I could press a kiss in between his furry ears and rub soothing circles onto his back. Niall was rarely ever anything but happy, and I hated seeing him worry. Yet he worried easily. He worried if I went out to the store without him and became delayed a bit later than normal, if I had a cold or if I was sick, and if he thought I was mad at him for some silly reason.

"I just," he whined against my chest. "I just really love you, you know?"

"I know, Nialler," I soothed. "I love you, too. Nothing bad will happen to us, I'm certain of it.... now our friends? I'm worried about our friends."