^22

"I don't understand what you want me to do here?" His serious tone breaking the silence in his Father's room

"I don't understand what you want me to do here?" His serious tone breaking the silence in his Father's room. "I want you to call off my teams' mission." Mark said, raising his voice a bit so it'd be clearer.

The Father scoffed, sending him an amused smile as he got off from his seat. His hands in his pockets as he walked over to the boy. "And why shall I do that?" 

"The girl, she did nothing wrong. She didn't know about her familys' business with ours. Nor is she a demon or angel, she's just a human." He replied, deadpanned serious.

Evan scoffed once again, picking up his mug of blood, sipping onto it. Mark watched his every move, not leaving his eyes off him for one second. "You know this could bring war between two realms, do you not understand?"

He paused before heaving a sigh, looking directly into Mark's eyes. "Her Father ranted to his wife about our mission last month, which we aborted it as soon as we heard. One of my spies over there said the Angels are planning something to take action to our doings. And you knkw things aren't gonna end well. To stop the war from being started, why not kill the relation in their Family. To prevent any more damage that could possibly happen."

"I understand that but-" 

"You said to call it off? The girl must mean something to you, am I wrong? What did I tell you Mark? Having feelings will only make you week, get a grip. No changes taken, you still have the remaining three weeks." He sat back at his chair, casually looking throughthedocuments in front lf him.

"She's my soulmate." Mark gave in, feeling the weight slightly lifting off his shoulders but still wasn't sure it was the best feeling.

He hesitantly looked up to his Father, seeing as he paused in his actions. He soulessly laughed out loud, slamming the documents onto the table. "Soulmate? Me and your Mom used to be soulmates till she took her life upon her, never accepting the fact that I was a Demon when she was a mere human being." His voice now softer but strict.

"What makes you think she'd love you? Even your Mom didn't like me, though gave her everything!" He threw his hands up in frustration. "Fuck it, you're gonna kill her, soulmate or not. Don't you dare biting her!" Was his last words that rang in Mark's mind the whole day.

Obviously the boy can't help but worry. He can't go againsts his Father's orders or there'll be bigger consequences. Sooner or later he knew Areum had to know but not now.

Mark was on top of a cliff, hands in his pockets as he breathe in the cold air. This place have been a memory of his, whenever he needs his quiet alone time. He kept thinking when his Father brought up his Mom.

When he was younger it seemed like she loved him, she would always put on a reassuring smile for him. But after all she was scared, horrified by how demons suck blood out of their victims in order to survive. 

She couldn't accept the fact that her son was a demon too though she was human, taking her life upon her, leaving the poor boy with his dad.

Mark sat in his seat, deep in thought by what his father said that day. His thoughts to when his mother loved him dearly to taking her life when she found out he was demon. It's not his fault for his death, but he feels like it is. 

If she didn't know he was a demon or even if he wasn't one at all, she wouldn't have be gone. He would've had her lovingly show care to him everyday, now everything's have changed. His thoughts cut short when he felt arms around his shoulder. 

His eyes looked for the owner, Areum burying her head in his neck as she remained hugging him.  Mark wasn't against it, but he felt the flashbacks as to when his mother would suddenly did that. 

"What are you doing?" His icy tone sent chills to her as she removed her head and arms from him. 

"You seem bothered by something, thought I could give you comfort..." She rubbed the nape of her neck. "Don't bother, it's none of your business. Get lost." His flashbacks enraged him as he harshly threw his chair back, heart heavy, he stormed out of the classroom.

She flinched when the loud bang coming from his chair when he threw it behind him. He's never talked to her like that and when she thought they got on good terms, it seems as if they were back to square one. 

Areum looked down to the floor beneath her, shoulders slumped as she also walked out of the classroom, in a different direction from him. Not knowing where she was going, she just wanted to get out of that place. 

Jinyoung called her mobile a couple of time but she was too down to reply.  Carelessly walking, with thoughts blurring her vision. 

"YOU SHOULD'VE ABORTED THE BABY WHEN YOU COULD!"

"W-What?! You said you wanted the baby! Now you want it gone-"

"That's cause I want her to be at least Angel or Demon, but she's nothing, just a mere human."

Her former parents brutal words rang through her head as hot tears rolled down her cheeks, unable to stop herself from sniffling. Rubbing her tears with the back of her hands as she continued walking to what seems like hours.

She walked till the point she was completely lost, nothing seemed familiar to her. 

"Mommy? What are you and Daddy talking about?" The five year old Areum peeked through the shared bedroom of her parents. 

Her mother removed her hands from her messy hair and shooed the girl away, "Go away! It's none of your business!! GET OUT!!" She furiously pushed the girl out of the room, slamming the door behind her.

She pushed her till she rolled down the stairs, head bleeding against one of the steps as the scar on her face never left but was mostly covered by her outgrown fringe.

Jinyoung has been there for her only a couple of times, when she's younger, he's barely around. Being the irresponsible teenager self that is.

Her phone rang again, but this time it was Mark who's calling her. Hesitant on picking up or not, she decided not too in the end. Walking to the secluded dock, sitting on the only bench looking out to the sea.

Her tears couldn't help but come pouring down again, her emotional self taking over. She always thought no one loved her ever since her real parents gave her away to her now foster ones.

Areum's sniffles got louder as she cried her heart out, the overwhelming emotion suffocating her one by one.

Areum!!

She sat up straight when she heard her name, she looked around only to see no one around. She then realise it was probably her soulmate trying to communicate with her.

Areum!! You hear me right?! Areum!!

Her nose red from crying so much and the weather wasn't helping at all. Her tears never gave her a break but she let them flow.

Areum! Please stop crying and tell me where you are!!

She didn't bother to answer his calls, instead ignored it. She was about to stand up from the bench when she felt a tight grip on her shoulder and the metalic weapon against her temple.

 She was about to stand up from the bench when she felt a tight grip on her shoulder and the metalic weapon against her temple

Oooh what's gonna happen~~ Mark's a bitch(jk,I luv u mark)