^39

Areum gulped down her final sip of her large sized coke, nostalgically recalling her once familiar tastebuds once again

Areum gulped down her final sip of her large sized coke, nostalgically recalling her once familiar tastebuds once again. She let out a satisfied sigh and sat back comfortably.

"Wahh~ haven't had fast food since, forever!" She stated with joy over her full stomach. The two boys couldn't help as they watched her consume her food throughout the meal. "Well, I should bring you out more, so you won't forget all your favs." Mark winked, then almost realising that she couldn't see it, which is tragic.

Because, Mark could always recall to the times as to when he would flirt with her occasionally which definitely brightens up her day. It was like adding salt to the bland life she had until she met him, until she met everyone. And they all missed that, they missed the cheerful and elated Areum that was able to go about her day without a single worry.

Ever since her accident that left her not see a single light in her soul, it was like the world was only darkness. She tried her best not to think that way, that there was definitely a way out of this. But as days passed, she felt hopeless every second. Now that the boys saw how happy she was now that she got to live a small part of her precious self, made them know what they have to do now.

"Areum, baby, you hang around with Felix okay? I have to take care of something back at home!" Mark said while getting up from his chair. "Of course of courseee, go do your job! I'll be fine here, thanks for the treat darling-!" She said in return. Mark signalled Felix to his phone in one glance and proceeded back home.

Felix turned back to see Areum still munching on the leftover french fries, smiling to herself. "Hey Areum, let's go into the city!"

The cold city air made Areum reminisced the good days before she got herself in this "mess" . "So where are we going first?" Felix questioned, which made Areum turn over in confusion. "What, you haven't been in the city before?!" She joked but the silence slowly made her realise he wasn't joking.

"Oh my! Really?! You are so missing out Lixie~, let's go get some boba first! Help me look for a place called Palgong Tea, they serve my fav boba order!!" She jumped, at the same time tugging on his arm.

"Hahahaha! Literally hilarious!" Areum chuckled, both of them breathed out the cold refreshing air with half eaten ice cream cones in each of their hands.

"Yeah, six years olds am I right? I was so immature back then." Felix laughed out, walking down the street but stopped once he didn't hear a reply. He turned to see Areum clutching tightly onto her neck on her knees.

"Hey- hey! Areum! What's wrong? What's happening?!" Felix knelt next to her, rubbing her back as he eyed her carefully. "I-I can't breathe-" She said. Felix panicked, prying her fingers from her neck but it won't budge.

"A-Areum, I need you to let go of your neck!" His voice shaking but tried to calmly tell her what to do. "I'm trying- I can't control it!" Soon, Areum was laying on the sidewalk. Felix quickly dialed up Mark's phone.

"Yo dude, we're not done preparing the surprise yet-" "Forget the surprise!" Felix interjected. "Come quick, Sixth Brightstone Street! Areum needs help ASAP!" Before listening to the other side of the line- Felix rushed over to attend to Areum.

Luckily, in less than ten minutes, Mark and the other boys came rushing over to the hopeless sweaty dripping boy and the unconscious girl. "Areum- AREUM! Wake up sweetheart! Wake up!!"

Yugyeom quickly checked the girls pulse and sighed in relief. "She's still breathing, but it's slowing down." He said in a serious manner. Concerned eyes filled the place as the group was the only one there.

"Areum please!" Mark was practically begging at this point. "Mark...there's only one way..." JB said slowly, referring to the one possible way that was highly risky for demons to do. "No...it's too dangerous.." Mark replied. Standing up and had his fingers combed through his sweat-soaked hair.

"Mark...it's the only way we can assure that she'd still be living." Felix suggested. After the moments of pressure due to the lack of time they had, Mark gave in.

"This is for you darling." He said before transforming into his demon form. The other boys circled up around them and looked around, for nearby onlookers. He leant in, brushed her hair off her bare neck and hesitantly, injected his fangs in. A jolt in her body was felt but he continued to press her down, sucking up her blood but making sure he doesn't get too carried away at the same time.
His crimson red pupils shown as he continued the process.

After a good five seconds, he let go of her- gasping for air as he laid back next to her. "Hyung..." Yugyeom worriedly patted his back while the other boys scurried over to the girl and observed for her next few movements.

It wasn't long until her heavy eyelids start waking her up from her slumber. "Areum! How are you feeling??" JB asked. "I...what happened..." Her words slurred out of her mouth as she attempt to regain consciousness.

"You were out cold few moments ago- do you know what happened?" Felix attempt to see if she could remember. "And how are you feeling- any signs of headaches anywhere?" Jackson butt in. "Um...I don't think so-" A loud gasp came out of her mouth as her whole chest lifted up. Her pupils turned white and white highlights began appearing from the roots of her hair all the way down.

Small pointy white ears replaced her normal human ones and all this stayed there for a second before returning back to normal. Areum's body falling back down and caught in Mark's arm. "Just what I thought, fangs of a white fox..." Mark whispered, but it was loud enough for everyone to hear.

"That means...your mom..." Yugyeom added, trying to piece the puzzle back together. "She was a white fox." JB concluded, which made everyone speechless.

White foxes were a very rare species among the Angel and Demon realms. Legend has it that those who has relation with White foxes will gain infinite power. Power so great it could wipe half of the three populations combined. You don't see White foxes casually roaming around like Angels and Demons do. They're animal shapeshifters and is difficult to spot one.

"A real White fox-" Youngjae's words got interrupted by an impatient Mark. "Shut up and help me get Areum back to our house." He ordered sternly and started limping off.

Sorry for the long awaited update!