^13

Mark and Areum was different from the other soulmates

Mark and Areum was different from the other soulmates. They mostly "bond" together when Mark's injured. And the bond they have wasn't skinship or anything like that. It was just Areum constantly helping him with his injuries. 

Yeah, she's sick of it too, but what can she do? She can't bring the guts to do skinship with a demon who obviously seems like he hates her. 

Plus, she hasn't even told Jinyoung about her soulmate, afraid he'll go against it. Again, he can't do anything about it. 

Jinyoung and the guys were at her house again, chilling and watching Netflix together on the couch of her bedroom. Halfway through the series, Areum felt the ringing of her ears becoming louder and louder. 

It was not Mark this time, it was the soulmate bond saying they need it. They'll get more sick if they continue to see each other once a week. 

"Areum, what's wrong?" Jinyoung whispered into her ear next to him, not wanting to interrupt the others who were peacefully enjoying the drama. 

"It's fine-" She coughed harshly, sending all the attention to her. "Areum! Areum what's wrong? Are you sick?" Jinyoung got up and quickly grab a blanket, wrapping it around her shoulders. 

Yugyeom paused the drama while Youngjae lowered the temperature on the AC. 

On the other hand, Mark was busy training with the other boys in their gym when he felt the same thing. The coughs became harsher and harsher. 

"Ya! Ya! Ya! Hyung, you good?" Jackson placed his hands on his back, rubbing it while he sent a signal to BamBam to get him a glass of water. 

Not only was that happening, but their soulmate tattoos were glowing. The brighter it glows, the more pain will be sent to them both. 

The boys all looked at the soulmate tattoo planted on each of their wrist. "Seolma...this is a soulmate tattoo isn't it?" JB raised his wrist higher for the rest to observe it.

"You have a s-soulmate Areum?" Jinyoung said referring to the glowing print. However they both were too weak to reply, eye lids getting heavier and their throat being drier by the second.

They could die. "Who's your soulmate!" Youngjae's voice broke a bit in concern. All they heard were mumbles so the three of them went closer to her mouth for a better sense of who it is. 

"M-Mark..." She said before passing out. Jinyoung quickly carried the unconcious girl to her bed and ordered Yugyeom to call the demons. As much as he hate it, he can't stand seeing Areum getting sick. 

"Yeobuseyo?" BamBam picked up, taken aback when Yugyeom was the one calling him. "Ya! Can you bring Mark over?-" BamBam didn't give him time to continue when he cut him off.

"Are you serious? Our leader is suffering here and you want to pick a fight-" 

"No! You bastard, Mark is Areum's soulmate, now quickly bring him over before they get worse! I'll text you the address." 

Not long after, the doorbell rang. But Areum's mom was the one who answered it. "Uh, and how may I help you gentlemen?" She said.

"Is Areum there?" Jackson asked, keeping his other arm on Mark to support him. "Uh yeah she's upstairs-" Before she could continue, the demon boys rushed up the stairs to the only room who's door's open. 

"I got him!" Jackson yelled, slowly putting the guy onto the bed next to her. "H-Hey what are you doing-" The mom said following them, till her eyes trailed to see her daughter unconsciously lying on the bed.  

"Areum!" She yelled out before running next to her and then turned to the angel boys. "What happened?!" 

The angel and demon boys explained to Areum's family in the living room while Jinyoung sat in Areum's chair, watching the two from the corner of the room. 

"Why didn't you tell me Areum.." He asked himself feeling utterly disappointed  of two things. That she could've gotten more hurt if she didn't open up and that he wasn't her soulmate. 

The door opened, showing a concerned JB walking into the room only to stop when he made eye contact with Jinyoung. 

"We should go, let's give them some space." JB whispered before exiting the room. Jinyoung nodded and gave them a last glance before stealthily closing the door.

Downstairs, the demon boys were very quiet, knowing this is the family they have to get rid of. Of course they felt the guilt now, Areum's a nice girl, alongside with her family.

 Of course they felt the guilt now, Areum's a nice girl, alongside with her family

-Areum's POV-

I woke up slightly by the sounds downstairs. Feeling a little lightheaded but managed to open my eyes. I was about to scream when I saw a familiar boy lying down next to me but instantly covering my mouth, not wanting to wake him up at the same time. 

The sun rays penetrating from my window next to me landed on his face. I began to quietly observed his side facial features, from his eyes to his lips to his jawline. 

I immediately flinched when he turned to face my side, still asleep though. But I continued to admire him, unknowingly, I moved closer and closer till my face was only a few inches away from him. 

I stared down at how plump his lips look but quickly shook my thoughts off. "Hey. Am I that handsome that you have to admire from up close?" My eyes widened when I notice his eyes open. 

"W-Who said I was admiring you..." I quickly got myself up and off the bed. As I was about to exit my room to wash up, I felt a ringing in my ear again. Turning to Mark who still laid on the bed seems to have the same effect. 

I attempted to go further but the ringing just go louder. "The further you go, the louder it gets and the more pain you bring to us." He said in his dark and hoarse voice. 

I pouted, turning back and slowing crawling back onto my bed. 

I feel the urge to update this frequently-