^35

"Areum! Areum you're awake!" Mark's voice infiltrated through her ears but she couldn't see him

"Areum! Areum you're awake!" Mark's voice infiltrated through her ears but she couldn't see him. "Mark?! Mark is that you?!" She asked just to be sure, wavering her hands around in the empty space in front of her.

"Of course that is me sweetheart, who else would it be." He said grabbing her hands and squeezing them ever so tightly. "Mark, this is you right?! Mark why can't I see?!" She was beyond bewildered as tears started rolling down her cheeks in panic.

When Mark heard the news, his heart shattered. "W-What is the meaning of this Doctor Suh?" His head turned to the doctor who stood next to them, one hand still grabbing hold of Areum's. 

"Well you see...if you bite her and drain out the blood a little more than you need....well...that happens." Doctor Suh explained, referring to the side effect Areum is going through at the moment. "What?! Is there a way to cure it?!" 

The doctor paused to look at some papers before anwering his question. "It'll cure overtime, but it could be months or even years till she'll be able to regain her vision." 

Mark was literally shaking, trembling to the bone when he heard it was possible she was blind for years to come. But his head snapped back to Areum when he felt her thumb brushing againts the back of his palm.

"It's okay Mark, I'll recover soon okay?" She opened her eyes, although she saw darkness she still managed a smile. She paused before speaking again, "Wait...what am I now?" 

Mark's head turned over to the boys who came after they heard the news, Jinyoung nodded his head, for him to explain to Areum. 

"Areum...when I bit you for the reason that you were on the brink of dying....you're...." He looked over to the boys hesitantly before looking back to her whose eyes were still sealed shut. "You're...a demon now." He breathed out in relief that he got it out but still nervous on how she'd react. 

Everything was silent, no one dared to make sudden movement, it was pindrop silence in the room- trying their best to observe her reaction. "Areum...?" Mark trailed off.

"Areum- I'm sorry. I didn't mean to turn you into a demon, I just-" "Mark. It's fine...I really don't mind, as long as you're by my side right?" Her voice was soft and gentle yet carry so much sincerity. 

"Right. Of course." His panicked self calmed down, bringing her into a tight hug and a peck on her cheek- to which she chuckled at. "Ahem." Jinyoung cleared his throat, along with the other boys who stood there watching the two awkwardly. 

"Hmm? Are the boys here?" Her voice was filled with excitement- clapping her hands together. She flinched at the sudden embrace but soon loosened up at the familiar hug. "Jinyoung-ah~" She cooed. "How have you been my guardian angel?" She smiled with her eyes, still embracing the guy who didn't mind moving at all.

"I was so worried when you went missing Areum-ah." She could tell by his voice that he was pouting which lifted a smile on her face. "Alright alright, stop it you two." Mark pushed Jinyoung away from Areum's hug- jealous from how the two got along so well.

"Looks like someone is jealous." BamBam teased, smirking from eye to eye. "Shut up. And who told you to tell them huh? You're not supposed to let them know!" He stared at him intensly. "But then again I'm grateful. If it weren't for you boys, I'd behaving a mental breakdown by now." Both of them laughed it off.

"Nice to hear the youthful spirit." A voice came through from behind them, not even noticing that the door went open. "Father." Mark's tone cut through the icy cold air. 

Evan took a step, but it was enough for the boys to stay on guard- stepping in front of Areum and Jinyoung beside her. "Boys boys, I'm not here to hurt her or anything, just paying a visit." He raised his two hands and slowly walked closer to the clueless girl- not knowing what was going on.

Jinyoung still stayed put, sitting next to her and eyeing Evan from head to toe. "Jinyoung." He addressed. "How's your Father doing." He gave Jinyoung his signature smirk- knowing he had asked a sensitive question.

Jinyoung's Father had not been doing so well when his wife cheated on and scammed him of over a million won only to provide Evan's side in his world. Ever since then, his Father felt so broken, stressed and overworked. Trying his best to re-provide for his world that he barely had enough sleep. The man looks like he's never eaten for a few days from how slim he looked at the moment.

"We do not speak of him here." Jinyoung barked back, glaring at the man who only plastered an evil smile. "This must be my son's little lover. Precious one aren't you." Evan lifted her chin up with his index, causing the girl to flinch but within a split second, Mark grabbed his arm and threw them to the side.

"Don't you fucking lay a finger on her." He warned, fingers in his arm. Evan swiftly removed his sleeves away from the boy, standing up straight- full body facing him. "Is that the way you talk to your Father." 

However, Mark only scoffed at his remark. "After all you've done you still call yourself a Father? Unbelievable." He rolled his eyes, crossing his arms with an annoyed look on his face. 

Everyone around them paused, all eyes watching Father and Son holding intense eye contact, not wanting to break the tension they had between each other. 

"If you're done grieving from your tragic love life, don't get into mine. I'll fucking rip you apart if you come for Areum again clear?" Mark spat out, never has he felt this angry in his whole life. "Crystal." Evan stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

Thank you to all my readers for reading this book, I've really enjoyed reading this and I hope you can look forward to more of my content!! The end of this book was quite fast actually

I'm kidding!! HAHHA you couldn't possibly thought that it was the end could you?

Anyways, stay tuned peeps! Things are about to get spicyyyy