^30

The light from behind the doors seemed to be the only light seeping through the dark isolated room

The light from behind the doors seemed to be the only light seeping through the dark isolated room. The drowsy girl became weaker and weaker by day, her eyelids always droopy and her muscles seemed like they could shut down anytime.

A few mumbles and muttering were heard outside her door but she was too debiliated to care. The weeks she's been here, almost like a death sentence or a sin she's paying but it was neither of that.

She was basically yanked away from her hospital bed and thrown in this pit hole. Her soulmate communications level died down due to lack of basic nutrients in her body, leaving her little hope of being able to get out of here.

Even though she can't walk, talk properly anymore, she knew Mark and her friends were doing the best they could to find her back, she believed them.

Not a single smile would appear on her face till they arrive, the dried salty liquic still stained on her cheeks but she really couldn't help it. She'd blame herself for not being the perfect daughter her parents wanted, she blamed herself for not being able to fight for herself and instead giving up on getting out of there. 

She'd take all the blame, every two hours their men would come in and attempt to get her to speak where her parents were and try to get the gemstone out of her.

But every time she didn't reply, they grabbed the gemstone and tried to detatch it from herself, only ending up with her groaning in pain from the heat producing from that one coin sized stone on her necklace she once loved.

"What should we do boss? The girl ain't talking, neither is that stupid stone coming off her, why can't we just leave it till death awaits her?" One said nonchantly, annoyed how they've gotten no progress over the past few weeks.

The bigger head, supposingly the boss sighed harshly, pinching the top of his nose and massaging his temples. 

"Prepare her a light meal and bring it to me, we need to keep her alive." The boss ordered before walking away from the room. The lackey bowed to his boss before being quick on his feet and into the kitchen of the place.

There was a light knock on the door before it opened. The bright light coming through made her squint her eyes as she sat hopelessly in the middle of the room. The man carried a tray full of food into the room, bending down and placing onto the floor where Areum was at.

"Don't want you die soon, eat up." He said. Instead of chomping down of hunger, she looked away, avoiding his eye contact, staring into blank space.

The man sighed and bent down once again, "Don't worry, it's not poisoned. We need you alive anyways." Once again, no reply, not even a reaction as she continue to stare into blank space. 

The knock on the door made the man divert his attention to the person standing in front of it. "Mr Evan sir, here are the reports on how the demon and angel boys are doing. No luck into finding us yet sir." The assistent handed a yellow clipped file to which Evan began browsing through.

At the mention of the demon and angel boys, Areum hesitantly turned to face the two. Evan caught sight of Areum trying to get a look of the file, smirking away as he closed it. "Good, make sure you keep it that way till we get answers." He replied, handing the file back to the assistent.

"Yes sir." He bowed politely before leaving the two quiet in the room. "You seem to be intrested in the boys...too bad they can't find you." Evan continued, noticing her disappointment. 

"Am I...really stuck here?" She finally spoke out, her voice soft almost like a whisper. "Until you give us what we want, apparently." Evan got up, dusting of the remains on his jeans and walking out the door, making suee to lock it before actually walking away.

" Evan got up, dusting of the remains on his jeans and walking out the door, making suee to lock it before actually walking away

Just a little update on Areum's side of the story

I realky don't know where this is going 🤦‍♀️