^36

"Here's your food!" His melodious voice was the only thing she heard as she waited for the spoon full of food to be served into her mouth

"Here's your food!" His melodious voice was the only thing she heard as she waited for the spoon full of food to be served into her mouth. "Mhm?! This is delicious! You made this?!" She said in awe, covering one hand over her mouth so she wouldn't spit. 

"Mhm, my mom's recipe of Soybean paste stew. If you like it I'll try to cook it more often?" He smiled, laying down the spoon as he watched Areum nodding away like a puppy. His smile grew wider, feeding one spoon after another.

After setting aside the food and cleaning up the table, they both cuddle tightly in bed side by side. "Marky?" She mumbled, earning the attention of Mark who took his eyes off the drama they were watching. "Hmm?" 

"When do my demon powers activate?" She asked curiously, sitting up straighter and faced the boy. "It depends. Mine happen when I was nine, triggered by fear so it'll happen." He shrugged. 

Areum pouted, not wanting to ask more about his past and instead of snuggling closer to him, burying her head in his hoodie. "What side effects do you get?" She could feel the vibration on his chest as he giggled slightly to himself at how curious she was. 

"Well...this is common among all the demons but, you'll soon feel really thirsty and that's signs that you're craving for blood." He replied nonchalantly but still slowly reading her reaction at the same time to make sure she won't get scared off.

"Oh...human blood?" She hesitantly asked. He slowly nodded, could tell she was disgusted by the look on her face. "D-Don't worry though! You can drink animal blood too, it's just that human blood supplies more nutrition but could make people get out of hand sometimes..."

She stayed silent, scootching in closer to him, placing a hand on his chest. It was ever so quiet, they could hear each other soft breathes in the room. "Don't think too much about it." His voice cut through the cold silence. 

She nodded against his chest before both of them slowly drifting off to slumber. 

Areum's vision hasn't gotten any better, constantly getting frustrated with herself from time to time- the trouble to able to see the beautiful scenery upon her, the difficulties she faces attempting to carry out her daily routines, furthermore th...

Areum's vision hasn't gotten any better, constantly getting frustrated with herself from time to time- the trouble to able to see the beautiful scenery upon her, the difficulties she faces attempting to carry out her daily routines, furthermore the hardship to see the faces she hasn't seen for what seems like a year now. 

The demons and angels had been continuing with their normal daily lives, each of them checking up on Areum every once in a while. She couldn't do anything, not with the condition she's dealing with. 

She'd stay in her room for hours if she has to unless having to have someone to feed her food. She would try opening her eyes a few times, only disappointing herself with pitch darkness and only an orange stream color among the empty black.

Her deep sigh cut through the icy cold quiet air. There was no one in the house at the moment, so she was left alone, with no hope of doing anything at all. Lying lazily on the bed, head facing the ceiling in despair. 

Intrigued by the awful ringing sound of her phone, picking herself up to reach over for the phone on the other side of the bed. "Mhm." Her lively voice turned into a cold monotone sound, answering the phone. 

"Areum? Why do you sound so tired?" Mark tried to read through by the sound of her voice. "Oh, it's nothing, um...what's up?" She said, trying to sound less exhausted. "Well... I and the boys were going to the mall nearby the school for lunch, want anything?" 

"No, I'm good." She replied with no energy left in her voice. "Alright, your choice. Did you eat at least?" He asked in hope that she did. "Yeah." She lied, her head hung low. Surprisingly to her is that Mark bought it and quickly hung up the phone after they bid their goodbyes.  

Nothing was going well for her, she struggled to keep the positive thoughts running in her mind. Instead, her eccedentesiast self bloomed within her, afraid that she'd be like this forever, this dark hopeless world beyond her eyes. 

A sudden scratching sound brought her out of her mystic daydream, tilting her head over to where it was coming from. She couldn't see it but knew it was an animal of some sort. Flinched at the sudden contact but soon loosened up when she felt something soft and fluffy, making its way across her lap. Hesitantly but slowly brushing her fingers acrossed its fur.

"And who are you?" She hummed, never leaving that position. "I'll call you...Rosa!" Her face litted up in excitement as the creature continue to purr. 

Mark told Areum that him and the boys were going to the underworld to do some business so he wouldn't be back tonight. Once again she was left alone. Her head in slumber and dreams, but it wasn't nice dreams. "I'm begging you...don't go." She mumbled. "I'm begging you...please stay." 

"Noo!!!" She screamed, jumping out of bed in cold sweats, her chest rising and falling ever so quickly. Her body soon came intk contact with the furry creature, crawling up onto her lap and nuzzling itself next to her. "Oh...hi Rosa, did I wake you?" She rubbed her hands against its fur.

"Just a nightmare I guess..." Areum shook her head, dabbing the cold sweats with some napkins that she always carried around her. "Aw you're staying? Well then goodnight Rosa."

What nightmare did she haveeee

(Sorry for not updating nowadays, I am stressed)