^14

The air

The air. Quieter as ever as the two silently sat on the bed. The pain almost gone now. Almost.

As long as they don't keep up the silence like they are now, the pain would go away. 

Areum glanced at her side as Mark was casually zoning out in this situation. Nothing to care in his world until she came in, he had no other choice. 

"U-Um.." Areum cleared her throat, in attempt to break the ice. Mark glanced to the girl who was unsure on what to do at this moment.

Though he is the oldest, his younger dongsaengs all got soulmates before him. With the experiences from his mates, he slowly schooched in closer towards her.

Unaware to her, his eyes laid on her. Eyeing every single side feature as the sunset illuminates on her. She turned to look at him, making eye contact with him as she stared deep down his dark brown eyes. She could feel the butterfly in he stomach as she could feel a hint of light pink appearing in her cheeks.

Unabke to take the long minutes -which seem like hours - she turned her face away to once again look outside the window, pursing her lios together. Mark felt something bloom in his chest but he still managed to pull a smirk.

Taking that bold move, Mark moved forward and wrapped his large arms around her shoulder. Sending her a little shock, flinching and tensing up for a few seconds.

He dragged her down so that the both of them are now laying on the bed, her head against his chest as his hand remained across her torso.

It was like she could feel his heartbeat while Mark on the other hand was trying so hard not to show his flustered self. 

Not long after, they both drifted off to sleep. Her soft hands laying on his chest together with her head while Mark's hand laid on her waist, literally wrapping her.

The door creaking open, showing a clearly worried Jinyoung. His eyes laid on the two as the close proximity triggered him. 

"Just leave them alone." The cold tone of the boy from behind him entered the room. Jinyoung gave JB a short glare before giving up and leaving the two alone there.

-

"Areum you're gonna be late for school!" Her sister yelled out from downstairs. Flinching to the thought of being late, she quickly got up, adjusting her eyes one by one to the light shining in.

Not even having time to hesitate, she grabbed her phone from her side desk and switching it on. 'Saturday, 7:23am' was what read on her phone.

She was so ready to shout at the girl for waking her up. Effortlessly swinging her hair into a messy bun, stomping down the steps as she notice a familiar looking back sitting at the dining table. 

Her eyes widened at the boy, placing her hand over her mouth as she took small steps to her usual seat. 

She could tell Mark was feeling uncomfortable, no kidding but she was to. "You should thank me that I woke you up this early." Her sister smirked while she sent her a deathly glare. "You should come more often Mark!" Her mother yelled from the kitchen.

"Yeah and not when she is in pain." Her father mumbled but it was loud enough for the both of them to hear. "Dad!" Areum lightly smacked his arm while he only rolled his eyes.

Finishing the hearty breakfast. Areum's dad got up from his seat which gained everyone's attention, "Follow me." His voice wasn't as sweet as it used to, it was more serious and cold this time.

Mark looked over to Areum who gave him a reassuring smile before nodding and following the big guy to the backyard. "Will he be alright?" Areum asked in concern.

"Your father is not a bad person, I'm sure he means well with tbis relationship." Her mom replied with a smile which she returned before looking out the glass doors to the backyard. 

"I think you know by now that our family is of half angel blood and half demon but somehow Areum isn't any?" His father raised an eyebrow to Mark who could only hesitantly nod his head. "And you must know that I rat to the Angel HQ yes?" 

Mark thought of the mission again and relplied with his rough hoarse voice, "Yes sir." His head a bit lower this time, guilty when reminded what he has to do with this beautiful family. 

"I'm probably gonna get something for it right?" He chuckled before continueing. "Just don't hurt my daughter. You can hurt me or my wife or anyone in my family, but don't hurt Areum. She's a special one yes?"

He placed his hand on his shoulder before heading back in. 

I felt a bit emotional while writing the last part-

Anywaysssss

Thoughts?👁👄👁