^42

Mark was overworked, stress, feelings that couldn't be put to words as he worked tirelessly every day back to back trying to find someone to teach Areum before her powers go to waste and betray her

There was a knock on his door before the guest decided to walk in. "Mark..." JB hesitantly called out, sitting on the couch opposite his desk.

"I found out something on the net...and it says that...your mother is still here." JB carefully watched Mark's reaction but instead, he gave a blank expression. "Mark?" His voice was now full of concern.

Mark gave a heavy sigh and realize that there was no other person they could find. "Bring her."

Areum was with Felix in the kitchen up in the morning, decided that they'll make breakfast for all of them. "So um...Lix are you sure you know what you're doing?" Areum stifled her laughter as she intently watched him.

"Argh, too much butter!" He screamed out. This time Areum couldn't hold it in with his Aussie accent when he pronounced 'butter'.

"This will be alright right?" He turned to look at Areum who was clutching onto her stomach from all the laughter. "Y-Yeah that'll do." She smiled.

Felix pouted but turned back to the stove. "Holy shi- it's burnt." He said. Areum quickly moved towards his side and took the spatula from him. "Oh my gosh, Felix!! You left it on high heat?!" She frantically flipped all the pancakes over.

He shrugged and watched her and her panicked stricken self. "They won't tell right?" Both of them looked at the difference between the two sides of the pancake.

Felix purposely flipping them to the top where the non-burnt side could be seen. "Nah just put lots of whipped cream and fruits on top and I'd think we're good to go." They both fist-bumped and started decorating.

"Breakfast!!" They both yelled out as the other boys slowly came down one by one. Areum ran to Mark as she jumped onto him, wrapping her arms around him. He chuckled as he did the same, with a kiss on her forehead.

"Okay okay we get it lovebirds, do that somewhere else." Youngjae annoyingly threw a blueberry at Mark as the two chuckled.

Once everyone was seated, they all dug in. "Whoa you two made all these?" BamBam amazed at the sight, grabbing a bunch of pancakes onto his plate.

"Is it me or it taste a little burnt?" Jinyoung had his disgusted face on. "It's Felix's fault-" "It's Areum's fault-" The two said in unison and everyone broke out laughing.

"Give them a break, just cover it up with loads of whipped cream and fruits then it won't taste that bad!" Jackson suggested.

After everyone had finished eating, Jinyoung and Yugyeom in the kitchen washing up the dishes, there was a ring on the doorbell.

"I'll get it!" JB yelled out as he approached the front door. His eyes stared at the middle-aged lady for a while before giving her a slight bow. "Mdm Tuan." She acknowledged him, waiting for him to bring her inside. "Right this way." He said politely, stepping aside for the lady to enter the household.