^27: Term Trip Pt.3

The end of the trip was near, everyone was basically packing up as the last day before they head back to Korea arrives

Areum was the first to finish and now she was sitting by the bay window of her shared hotel room, admiring the morning sun as it starts to rise. 

Her freshly brewed tea in hand, peppermint infiltrating her nose as she delicately sipped on it. Herself was deep on thought, how her memories all bring back to her childhood when she made her first friend. Mark, she never knew what he'd been up to till this day. 

She chose not to think that the Mark as her soulmate was the one one from her childhood, they seem like to different people for that. She flinched by the sudden knock on the door. Yugyeom went out for lunch with the other boys so she's guessing it was one of the room service staff.

She looked up as she opened the door, meeting the familiar pair of eyes which she smiled at instantly. "What brings you here mister?" She raised an eyebrow with a sarcastic tone of hers.

He replied with a laugh. "Come on, I want to bring you somewhere before the trip ends." Mark couldn't be more sincere at this moment. "Where are we going?" Her normal curiosity kicking in, tailing along him as he walked into her room. 

"That's, a secret." He sent a wink, causing herself to heat up. Heart beating faster than a race car as she looked away, feeling the hot cheeks of hers. "Go for something casual, I'll be here in thirty minutes." He waved as he exited.

A few moments later, both of them was exiting the hotel- surprisingly wearing matching outfits. Mark's smile wouldn't leave his face for one minute, overly excited at what he's prepared for her. 

"Well you sure are all giddy up." Areum teased. He shook his head, clasping her hands in his, taking her by surprise. "I prepared something for you so be excited." He replied, swinging their hands up and down till they reached the parking lot.

"I rented a car for today, it should be here any minute now..." He checked his watch and just at the moment, a red ferrari appeared. Areum covered her mouth as her eyes grew big- taking in much more light in her eyes. 

"Heol- no way, I've always wanted to ride one of these!!" She exclaimed- running over to the car where the driver just got out, passing the keys to Mark and walked away from the two. Her eyes could not leave the shiny red car as she walked rounds and rounds around it.

"Are you getting in or?" She nodded immediately, thanking Mark for opening the door to the passenger's seat for her and sat inside the comfy car.

It was a long ride, but it was healing. The morning air in contact with their faces, the sun beaming onto them while Mark drove on the highway. It was as if the roads were a ghostown, not a single vehicle to be spotted. 

Mark took the chance to drive a little faster than the required speed limit. Taking Areum by shock- tightly gripping onto the door handles. "Put your seatbelt on." He smirked before speeding faster than before.

She hastily clicked onto it- gripping harder when he went faster. "Don't close your eyes, enjoy the wind." He suggested. Hesitant at first but gave in after, noticing how the air became colder as they drove past every building. 

Her perfectly done hair now flying behind her, enjoying the ride. He smiled even more seeing how she was relishing this moment with joy. 

The car came down the highway but the speed didn't change one bit. Areum was a little overwhelmed as they entered the city, meaning there'll be traffic lights. 

"Um, s-shouldn't you go a bit slower?" She suggested, glancing to him who was still enjoying the cold air. "What? I can't hear you?" He said a bit louder as he tried to lean closer to her for a better listen.

"M-Mark watch out!!" She screamed, pointing to the large truck ahead of us. His eyes shot wide opened, turning the steering wheel full ninety degress as he attempt to move the vehicle away from the truck ahead of them.

But it was too late.

The speed of the two vehicles came into contact with each other, sending Mark's car tumbling down the hill below them. The screams and sobbs of the girl were no longer heard when the car came into a full stop- upside down that is.

Areum's seatbelt was pressed againts her chest, her whole body lunging forward. Head still crashed against the top of the car with a few shattered glass on her. 

The blood pooling below her. Mark on the other hand was struggling. It was hard to look at Areum when the smoke from the car basically swoomed over them. Coughing it off, attempting to unlock his seatbelt.

Once he did, his whole body when crashing down onto the car's ceiling, a few cuts and scratches but not as serious as Areum's. 

He limpingly walked over to her side of the car- unlocking her seatbelt and laid her body on his lap.  "A-Areum? Areum! Wake up! Wake up Areum please!" 

His own tears rolled down but he harshly wiped hem away. He could see the sweat and tears on her face as she laid there unconsious. 

"Areum! Areum baby please wake up! I'm right here! Wake up please!" He shouted, more tears coming down from his big glossy eyes. 

"Hey! You need help?" Some passerbys didn't hesitate, causiously moving down the hill to assist the boy in despair. 

"It's okay young man, we'll bring your girlfriend to the hospital." A woman spoke in English as she began dialing the ambulance. 

Lucky for Mark, a hospital was only just nearby here so the ambulance arrived within minutes. The rescue team carried the girl into the ambulance- Mark rushing in too so he could stay by her side. 

He grabbed onto her hand tightly. "Baby please wake up!" He pleaded in denial, his voice cracking and desperate as he held her hands closer to him.

"You have to wake up! Areum-ah! Please!" He spoke determined, his mind draining out all the noises except for his and her breathing. He started to tremble, squeezing her hand tighter in attempt to wake her up yet there wasn't a single reaction.

The thoughts of her being gone and other unwanted thoughts followed. He clasped his hand on her cheek, her chest barely rising. Mark gulped down the dryness of his throat, blinking away the threatening tears that began to fall. 

Oh- 

Oh- 

What's gonna happen to her?!