^12

When I'm with you

danger seems like a good thing

*This chapter contains violence some may find uncomfortable!*

"Marky darling, would you be a sweetheart and bring the leftover boxes in the attic?" Mark's mom said, smiling to the six year old boy

"Marky darling, would you be a sweetheart and bring the leftover boxes in the attic?" Mark's mom said, smiling to the six year old boy. He nodded enthusiastically and ran upstairs. 

When he was coming down with a box of ornaments down, he stopped when he heard shouts. "Why do you think this is my fault?!" The mother yelled, throwing her hands up in the air. 

"I was out working!" The father claimed, pointing to himself. "It was for the family-" "For the family?!" She screamed. "Shush, wait our son would hear." He enforced the word 'our'. 

"Our son? I'm the one who's been raising him! All you've been doing is gambling at night! Yeah you think I wouldn't know you haven't got rid of that stupid addiction of yours."

The father sighed harshly, as frustrated as the mother, cluelessly walking in circles whilst massaging his temples. "So you're moving out?You're gonna call a divorce-" 

"What else do you want me to do while you spend the family's money away that I NEED to provide for Mark!" She screamed once again, but this time it was as if she's desperate. "Forget the child!" The father gestured in a leaving manner. 

"But before you go, give me some money for the road." He said shamelessly, putting his hand out, awaiting for cash to be stacked onto his hands. "You crazy bitch!" The mother started hitting the father all over. 

Up until the hitting wouldn't stop, with his instincts, he grabbed her by the neck and his demon side unleashed. Showing his big black wings unfolding as he aimed for the neck of her. "You know, you're just a sickly human compared to me. Money now." He demanded as she continued to struggle out of his grip. 

That was when Mark's anxiety grew out. Was his own father really trying to kill his mother? Should he stop him? But no. Instead he silently watched from the side as tears rolled down his cheeks, watching his father slice open his mother's neck.

Causing her to bleed till death awaits her. 

"P-Please help m-me!" Areum said with all the remaining air left in her lungs from being suffocated for so long. 

Will he help her this time or will he leave and do nothing. The dilemma soon came to an end as he stride forward with quick steps. Hitting the weapon off his hands, clattering onto the cold hard ground. 

Pulling the girl harshly behind his back as he fought the angel. She stood still throughout the whole fight as it got brutal. Both leaving bloody marks on their faces. "Hey." A voice made Areum turn to see Jackson with some cuts on his face smiling. 

"Come with me so you won't get hurt." He said holding out his hand. She was indeed hesitant, turning around to see the fight get nowhere and back to Jackson.

"Don't worry, he'll be fine. He's our leader after all." He gave her a reassuring smile before she lightly place her hands on his and followed him.

"Yo." Jackson opened the door to the dimmed black room, greeting the rest of the members who was struggling to clean up their bruises. 

Everyone's eyes laid on Areum, but JB cut the silence. "She's our target-" BamBam quickly covered JB's mouth from spoiling the plan. "Uh..she's got something to do with Mark..." Jackson gave JB a warning glare as he continued. 

 "Notice the blood on her forehead-" Just at the perfect timing, Mark walked in, looking all worn out after one guy. He stopped when he saw Areum standing there, looking into each other's eyes. 

After a while, Areum quietly sat there and no one dared say anything. She was just staring into blank space while the rest gets washed up. Mark just got out of the shower, drying his wet hair with a towel and casually walking to the couch. 

What caught Areum's eye was when he failed to clean up the same bruise on her forehead, requiring someone else to help him but to no avail, everyone else was busy. 

He groaned in frustration, throwing the bloodied tissue to the bin near him as he dried his hair some more. Hesitant as she is, her legs just dragged her over to him. 

Making eye contact with him for a bit before gently grabbing the cotton swabs and the antiseptics from his hand. Applying the medicine onto the swab as she kneeled down in front of him, softly dabbing onto the bruise. 

Mark dare not look at her, but once she was finish, he noticed the same bruise on her forehead. As she was about to leave, he quickly grasp her wrist, making her halt and turn around. He lightly dragged her to sit next to him as he imitated the same thing she did. 

Swiping a few strands of hair to expose the bloodied bruise so he could clean it up for her. The other boys watched from behind, pulling up a smile and was ready to tease him.