^24

"Hey yo bro, Areum's healed, you can see her now

"Hey yo bro, Areum's healed, you can see her now." Taeil spoke from the other line.

It was currently two in the morning when he called. His eyes brightened up as he quickened his steps, sliding a hoodie over his head as he rush to the NCity hospital. 

He gave a slight knock before peeking his head in, taking light steps as he walked towards the sleeping girl.

His smile grew, admiring the girl who's drifting off to her dreamland. His brushed off a few strands of hair off her face, smile never fading.

He took his cap off and threw it to the side, grabbing a chair to sit next to her. Lifting her hand to interlock with one another's, and brushing his thumb against the back of her hand. Soon after, he too drifted off to sleep, his head resting next to her hands, never letting go.

 Soon after, he too drifted off to sleep, his head resting next to her hands, never letting go

Taeil and his team announced that Areum could now now be discharged. Mark was helping her pack her stuff while she was washing up in the bathroom. 

As soon as she got out, she was greeted by the fragrant scent of fried delicacies. She ran over and drooled over the meal laid neatly on the table. 

"Stop staring and drooling like a dog." Mark teased from behind. Areum pouted but sat opposite him. Grabbing her utensils and munching down, it was like she was famished for days. The kidnapping really tired her out. 

The both of them were now on the way home, Areum was in the passenger's seat, peacefully enjoying her sweets. Mark was driving but did look at her from time to time in case something was up. Time flew fast, just a few conversations and they've arrived at Areum's place.

"Ready to go in?" He asked.

She was hesitant but nodded anyways. Taking a deep breath before clicking on the doorbell. It took quite a while before the door swung open, revealing her foster family in tears. 

"Areum!" All of them yelled, embracing her into a big hug as Areum couldn't help but shed a few tears as well.

"We were so worried! Where you were you?" Her mom grabbed her hands, worried spelt across her face.

All of them were now settled in the living room, Areum next to Mark while her parents opposite them. Her sister sat in the armchair next to the two pairs. 

Areum turned to face Mark before he gave a nod, she smiled in return and started spilling what had been happening. 

Her family took it surprisingly well. 

"I'm sorry sweetie that you had to find out we weren't your real parents this way." Her mom gave her saddening eyes.

"It's okay, as long I'm safe now, that's all that matters." She said trying to lift the heavy feeling in the room. 

"Mark, can we talk to you for a bit?" The father said referring to her foster parents and him. He nodded and followed them down the hallway.

The father gave a huge sigh, his hands pinching the tip of his nose while the other on his waist. "We realise what her previous family did and your father misunderstanding that we were her actual parents." He started.

"But you realise that this is dangerous. Not only did her previous parents left her with something huge and unforgivable, she's just...not safe." He continued. 

Mark stood there frozen in place, trying to take in every new information while keeping his stoic expression. "We're worried Mark. We understand fully that you're her soulmate, and we're cool with that but obviously your father dislikes the idea.  Are you sure you can't possibly convince your father of some sort?" The mother added. 

The boy only looked down, knowing he tried and failed, now he's got no other idea to stop his father from hurting his soulmate. Like the father will buy the story, he's as cold as stone.  

"I'll try my best." His low hoarse tone replied. 

The father place his hand on his shoulder and gave him a grin before walking down the hallway and back to the living room. Mark was about to follow but the mother stopped him. She gave him a 'follow' gesture and led him to a room. 

It seemed like a dark old room. He slowly looked around while the mother took out something from inside the drawers. "Here." She opened it, revealing a gem stone clipped onto a necklace.

"I know no one's told you this but I'm the only who knows...Areum is actually...angel blood." She said finally. Mark's eyes shot open, he couldn't believe it. Areum? Angel? How?

"I know it can go as a shock but I'm sure every angel and devil knows this. If you don't make use of your angelic or demonic powers, your wings won't develop and you'll become human. But she is still Angel blood in the inside with a little demon, just mostly Angelic." She explained.

"This is a gemstone. It prevents her from becoming human, that's why she's never wore it. When she does, her Angelic and Demonic powers activates, who knows what creature she'll become."

Mark quietly observed the purple heart gemstone and nodded. "I'm giving you this in case she has to fight for herself, it was only designed for her, keep it safe." She handed him the box before closing the door behind her, leaving the boy speechless.

" She handed him the box before closing the door behind her, leaving the boy speechless