^40

Areum woke up from her slumber from her mind, "What?" She sat up and looked in confusion and uncertainty at where she was

Areum woke up from her slumber from her mind, "What?" She sat up and looked in confusion and uncertainty at where she was...in a white room..where did she come from.

A voiced called her. "Areum."
She nerve-wracked, "Who is it?"

The voice came again, "Areum." She stood up with anxiety and confusion.

"Who is it?"

"Areum."

And like that, the sound of the voice became softer, "Areum."

She had no idea what it was and no idea where it had came from. Areum leapt out of bed and rushed to the living room.

She dashed through the room full of memorabilia and found herself in the kitchen area, pulling out the nearest weapon she could find. She glanced to the back hallway and saw not only the voice, but the footsteps.

"Who..Who are you?!" She shouted at the figure, slowly backing her footsteps with the knife she grabbed earlier- gripping it ever so tightly in front of her.

There was no answer from the being, but they slowly moved closer and closer with every step towards Areum. His steps turned into strides, strides turned into sprints. Causing great fear into Areum as she began running away from him and the chase began.

"No- WHO ARE YOU?!" She screamed for her life as she met a dead end. Back trying to stick onto the wall like glue and holding onto her knife.

"White. Fox." Was the only two words the girl could hear before they lunged forward. She tightly shut her eyes as she waited for the impact but never felt it. Instead she heard a powerful gun shot from in front of her.

Hesitantly, she slowly opened her eyes to see the guy lying in a pool of blood in front of her. Areum's hands trembled as the knife slid out of her grasp, crumbling onto her knees at the sight of the dead body.

"Areum! Are you okay?!" The group of boys rushed towards her. "W-Who shot him..." She pointed to the bullet shot right through the centre of the man. Felix, who was rubbing her back looked up to the balcony of the living room. Areum's eyes followed his to see Mark in his robe with a gun in his right hand.

He gave Areum and glance before returning to his master bedroom. "What is up with him.." She muttered while the boys escorted the body and JB sat next to Areum to keep her company.

"What happened just now?" She turned to look over to JB who was casually sipping onto his iced coffee. "What do you mean- you almost got killed." He said sarcastically. She gave him a light eye roll before continuing.

"Not that, I mean when I was lying on the street? What happened?" This time JB looked as if he debated on whether he should tell her or not. Just in time, Mark was walking down the stairs with his brown permed hair messed up. "Why not you ask him?" JB suggested before getting up and patting Mark on the back as he went upstairs.